We welcome your participation in our blogs and other discussion areas within the Journal Interactive network. We hope the words our bloggers write and our staff-written stories will elicit your comments, whether you agree or disagree with them, just find them entertaining, or have additional information or analysis to pass on.
To keep the conversation enjoyable and interesting for all of our readers, however, we ask that you abide by some simple, common sense rules.
Here's the short version:
- Don't use profanities or obscenities.
- Don't post personal attacks and insults; threats; ethnic, racial, religious or sexual slurs; or otherwise engage in hateful conversation.
- Don't stray from the topic of the blog or submit pointless comments.
- DON'T SHOUT BY USING ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS.
- Don't use this space for press releases or commercial purposes.
- Don't submit knowingly false or libelous comments.
- Don't pretend to be somebody else, or maintain more than one screen name, or use a screen name that might be considered objectionable or insulting.
- Don't knowingly give out any personal information about other individuals, including participants of these blogs.
- Don't post copyrighted or trademarked content.
- Don't post off-topic
We reserve the right to remove any blog, post or comment at any time.
Also, take what you find among the comments with a grain of salt. Some people in online communities derive satisfaction from trying to upset others. Ignore them. We'll monitor reader comments as best we can, but we do not necessarily read every word submitted by users of these blogs. If you see comments that don't abide by our discussion guidelines, please let us know by clicking the "report abuse" link on the blog.
By participating in our blogs, you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement. We also reserve the right to change this agreement at any time.