• Amber and Matthew Bacon of Brown Deer are parents of a son, Nicholas Daniel Bacon, born Jan. 21, 2009. He was 8 pounds and 20 inches.
• The following students were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities: Rachel Goldberg - Bayside; Subia Beg, Callie Wnuk and Stephanie Kehl - Fox Point; Lindsay Goldner, Deborah Carneol, Danny Forst, Clarissa Bootsma and Nicholas Teichen - Glendale; Elizabeth Bub, Mark Meckstroth, Emily Sass, Taylor Lord, Daniel George, Bridget Kuehn, Elizabeth Sommer, Sean Frohman, Chelsea Brenegan, Courtney Tighe, Justin Blacher, Abigail Myers, Matthew Kwech, William Gahn, Stephanie Aliota, Reed McCoy and Jonathan Blacher - Mequon; Andrew Yerkes, Grace Edgar, Brittany Piller, Nora Sachs and Hannah Luteyn - Shorewood; Tyler Schmidt and Jonathan Schmig - Thiensville; and Kathryn Hecht, Douglas Strane, Davidson Ward, Jessica Lynch, Lauren Bell and Eva Dixon - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse: Jeffrey Stein, Zulay Stolen and Lauren Sweeney - Bayside; Erin Kasik, Molly Mattefs, David Schimenz and Austin Schoen - Brown Deer; Kelly Broderick, Samuel Franklin, Katherine Goniu, Tyler Kalmuck, Michael Miller and Brett Smith - Mequon; Maxwell Geers of River Hills; Sarah Malone, Julie Pitel, Andrew Sewalish and Jennifer Wysocky of Whitefish Bay.
• Brittany Tybinko of Mequon graduated from Valparaiso University in December 2008.
• Carrie Prentice of Shorewood was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Letters & Science.
• Tiffany Gress of Brown Deer and Daniel Bechtel of Mequon graduated from Northern Michigan University in December 2008.
• Emily Lawent and Maris Jost-Edgar of Shorewood and Eric Southwell of Mequon received academic honors for fall 2008 at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
• Margaret Carey of Brown Deer and Nicholas Kaldunski, Katie Lillie, Alanna Nieman, Tyler Schmitt and Danielle Schultz of Mequon were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Winona State University.
• Christopher Katzban of Whitefish Bay graduated from Winona State University in fall.
• Margaret Carey of Brown Deer was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Winona State University.
• William Fieweger and Michael Puck of Bayside, Nicholas Malcolm of Mequon and Anthony Linn of Shorewood were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the University of St. Thomas.
• Maddie Wakley of Shorewood played Masha in the Parkside Theatre production of Anton Chekhov's serious comedy "The Seagull" at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside from Feb. 27 to March 7.
• Stephanie Heathcote of Whitefish Bay was elected to Phi Beta Kappa at Cornell College.
• Adams Kondeh of Brown Deer and Kate Braun and Justin Schwartz of Shorewood graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in December 2008.
• Gabrielle Rabon-Ricks of Brown Deer graduated from Upper Iowa University in December 2008.
• Alison Gegios of Whitefish Bay was named to the fall 2008 dean's list at the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences at Northwestern University.
• The following students were named to the fall 2008 dean's list at Mount Mary College: Giovanna Iannello - Bayside; Lindsey Belfield, Amanda Nash, Talisa Larson, Guinevere Duquaine and Kristie Farahbakhsh - Brown Deer; Lauren Kenney - Fox Point; Sara Field, Laura Uhen and Laura Jahn - Mequon; Jessica Birenbaum - River Hills; Tasha Kertscher, Kara Schultz, Jessica Barnes and Sandra Daniels-Dierberger - Shorewood.
• Suzanne Zellmann from Homestead High School received the 2009 Forward Award for Exemplary Library Media Program from the Wisconsin Educational Media and Technology Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 19
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 8
- Celebrations: July 25
- Celebrations: July 11
- Celebrations: July 4
- Celebrations: June 27
- Celebrations: June 13
- Celebrations: June 6