• The following students graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point this spring: Shelly Samet, Brown Deer; Cassie Brendemuehl, Mequon; Elizabeth Kidd, Shorewood; and Scott Hoppe, Thiensville.
• Isaac Tyroler of Shorewood has earned a law degree, cum laude, from William Mitchell College of Law. He also was a member of the school's national moot court team.
• Heather Czappa of Brown Deer and Yomarie Tejada of Glendale received master's degrees in counseling from Lakeland College on May 3.
• Kelly Gunderson of Whitefish Bay has been awarded the Transfer Scholarship for $4,000 to Mount Mary College for the 2009-10 school year.
• The following students received bachelor's degrees from Lakeland College on May 3: Hilary Forbes of Brown Deer, Patricia Cox and Dominique Olds of Mequon, Beth Weeks of Shorewood and Andrew Lietz of Thiensville.
• The following students were named to the Dean's List at Iowa State University for the spring 2009 semester: Samantha Ashley Terhorst of Brown Deer, Rebecca Jacqueline Marth of Fox Point, Michael John Berg of Mequon, Akiko Suzuki of Shorewood and Danielle Bryn Levings of Whitefish Bay.
• The following students were named to the Dean's List of St. Norbert College for the spring 2009 semester: Lauren Michelle Senour of Brown Deer, Kate Ann Kaminski of Mequon, and Aaron John Benson and Elizabeth Suzanne Holterman, both of Thiensville.
• Adam Grimm of Mequon graduated from Northern Illinois University with a bachelor's degree in biological sciences on May 8.
• The following students graduated from Winona State University this spring: Keith Berstler - Bayside; Amanda Baruch and Katie Lillie - Mequon; Christopher Dillmann, Kyle Markham and Noelle Snow - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students were named to the Dean's List at Winona State University for the spring 2009 semester: Matthew Dobbe - Glendale; Nicole Kruesel, Katie Lillie, Alanna Nieman and Danielle Schultz - Mequon; Stephen Davis and Kyle Markham - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students were named to the Dean's List at Northern Michigan University for the winter 2009 semester: Abigail Schuyler - Fox Point; Robert Mantz, Michelle Schmitz and William Miller - Mequon; and Kevin Kean - Shorewood.
• Jeffrey Sama of Mequon was named to the President's List at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design for the spring 2009 semester.
• Jennifer Brendemuehl of Brown Deer was named to the Dean's List at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design for the spring 2009 semester.
• The following students graduated from Mount Mary College in May: Catherine Lemens and Angelina Cicero - Mequon; Erin Doty and Alison Strycker - Shorewood; and Leah Martone - Whitefish Bay.
• Matthew Jensen of Mequon graduated from St. Cloud State University this spring.
• The following students graduated from the University of Iowa in May: Megan Greve, Joseph Matar and Michael Matar - Mequon; Anne Eversfield, Megan Hofeldt and Jared Oberland - Whitefish Bay.
• Ethan Brotzman of Glendale and Jacob Rice of Mequon were named to the Dean's List at the Milwaukee School of Engineering for the spring 2009 semester.
• Alison Gegios of Whitefish Bay was named to the Dean's List at Northwestern University for the spring 2009 semester.
• Michael Baynton of Whitefish Bay graduated from the University of Minnesota in Duluth with a degree in computer science May 16.
• Stephanie Heathcote of Whitefish Bay graduated from Cornell College this spring.
• The following students graduated from Marquette University on May 17: Kimberly Canales - Brown Deer; Jody Burke-Kaiser, Elizabeth Casey, Jay Einerson, Patrick Falk, David Hartman and Saba Sadeghi - Fox Point; Timothy Cavanaugh, John Gilbreth, Daniel Goetz, Bradley Hansen, Calie Henrickson, Anibal Lopez, Anyeshka Pavlik, Christopher Schultz and Paul Weissburd - Glendale; Samia Ahmad, Michael Bergemann, Erick Bratt, Ashley Fait, Caitlin Gerdes, Steven Kass, Anna Kees, Rick Meyer, Jane Nosbusch, Carolyn Olsen, Kyle Reiser, Leyla Rivilis, Anne Shields, Prashanti Shivaram, Robyn Usher, Michael Van Ess and Geoff Wu - Mequon; Rachel Goyette - River Hills; Patrick Bodden, Wesley Burdine, Beth Didier, Vincent Heine, Jeremiah Hindman, Andrew Hohenstein, Dale Johnson, Stephanie LaGue, Travis Miller, James Reeve, Timothy Sheehey and Katherine Wycklendt - Shorewood; Susan Johnston - Thiensville; and Lori Arndt, Sung Cho, Kristen Fischer, Kathy Ondishko, Brandon Rindfleisch, Charles Roedel, Benjamin Stewart, William Taylor, Eric Vanden Eykel, Brian Voight and Claire Weiss - Whitefish Bay.
• Frank Pellegrino of Shorewood received a $250 Conner Spectator Excellence and Promise Award at the Communication and Journalism Student Excellence Recognition Reception at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire on May 8.
• Ashley N. Halkin of Glendale graduated from Gateway Technical College.
• The following students were named to the Dean's List at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse for the spring 2009 semester: Lauren Sweeney - Bayside; Erin Kasik, Molly Mattefs, David Schimenz and Austin Schoen - Brown Deer; Kayla Wandsnider - Fox Point; Jonathan Coblentz and Jordan Ellison - Glendale; Kelly Broderick, Samuel Franklin, Katherine Goniu, Tyler Kalmuck, Michael Miller, Brett Smith, Jacob Szymborski and Danielle Wallace - Mequon; Maxwell Geers - River Hills; Guinevere Nilles and Nathan Schultz - Shorewood; Tiffany Hock, Andrew Johannes and Daniel Knorr - Thiensville; and Lauren Jaeckel, Sarah Malone, Sarah McManus and Julie Pitel - Whitefish Bay.
• Marc Korobkin of Bayside received the Bruce F. Beilfuss Memorial Award for outstanding service to the Law School at the University of Wisconsin-Madison on May 14.
• Justin Petzold of Mequon received the James J. and Dorothy T. Hanks Memorial Award for excellence in the study of corporate law at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School on May 14. He was also named to the honors list for the spring 2009 semester.
• Alexander Kitson of Shorewood was named to the Dean's List at Cornell College for the spring 2009 semester.
• Benjamin Van Orsdol of Whitefish Bay was selected to receive the Undergraduate Student Award in Social Work at the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare Awards Ceremony. He was selected based on his academic excellence and commitment to service and social justice.
• Matthew Jensen of Mequon graduated from St. Cloud State University this spring.
• Jeremy Adelson of Wauwatosa was named to the honors list at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School for the spring 2009 semester.
• The following students were named to the Dean's List at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire for the spring 2009 semester: Laura Small - Bayside; Derek Haight - Brown Deer; Andrew Bartlein, Brett Boyer, Kerry Manion and Mark Sluzinski - Mequon; Hayley Lehmann and Lauren Zemlicka - Shorewood; and Sarah Goman and Lindsay Koerner - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students achieved honors at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay for the spring 2009 semester: Danielle Wisth - Brown Deer; Melissa Schwartz - Fox Point; Eric Southwell - Mequon; Abraham Clark and Emily Lawent - Shorewood; and Amanda Heintskill - Thiensville.
• Anna Hietpas of Shorewood won a National Second Place prize at the national level of the Reading Rainbow Writers and Illustrators contest.
Do you have some news in your family? Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/Community Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Celebrations: May 15
- Celebrations: May 1
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 10
- Celebrations: April 3
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 11
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10