• Harvey and Adi (nee Javetz) Dalin of Bayside are the proud parents of a son, Matan Moshe, born July 11, 2009. He was 5 pounds, 10 ounces and 19 inches. Grandparents are Iris Dalin of Bayside, Wayne Dalin of Brookfield and Esther and Hanan Javetz of Elgin, Ill. Great-grandparents are Osnat Yavetz of Haifa, Israel.
• Elana Frankenthal of Bayside was named to the Hornbeck Scholars List at the University of Denver for the spring 2009 semester for earning a 4.0 GPA.
• The following students were named to the dean's list at Lawrence University for the 2008-09 academic year: Melanie Kathan - Bayside; Ryan Kroeger - Glendale; Jesse Jastram - Mequon; Erin Watson - River Hills; and Alison Blegen,Anna Hainze and Tyler Nead - Whitefish Bay.
• Kelsey Fredericksen, Jeremy Saffold and Ryan Zauner, all of Glendale, were named to the dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside for spring 2009 semester.
• Brendan Notestein of Glendale was named to the dean's list at Macalester College for the spring 2009 semester. He is the son of Mary Notestein and a graduate of Nicolet High School.
• Mallory Biblo of Mequon graduated from Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations. She was named to the dean's list in 2008 and 2009.
• Kylie Cook of Brown Deer was presented with the Donna Spanopolous Award Memorial Scholarship in Pediatric Nursing by Valparaiso University's College of Nursing during its annual awards banquet. Kylie is the daughter of Robert and Sarah Cook.
• Kelsey Fredericksen, Jeremy Saffold and Ryan Zauner, all of Glendale, were named to the dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside for the spring 2009 semester.
• The following students were named to the dean's list at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities for the spring 2009 semester: Rachel Goldberg and Andrew Rudman - Bayside; Andrew Hartzell - Brown Deer; Naomi Amano, Clarissa Bootsma, Lindsay Goldner, Amy Nelson, Rachel Steinhaus and Amanda Teichen - Glendale; Jonathan Blacher, Chelsea Brenegan, Katherine Carpenter, Jeremy Driscoll, Sean Frohman, William Gahn, Amelia Gieschen, Mark Meckstroth, Christopher Rausch, Jessica Roberts, Elisabeth Schulte and Kelly Umhoefer - Mequon; Grace Edgar, Nora Sachs and Andrew Yerkes - Shorewood; Tyler Schmidt - Thiensville; and Ahmed Ali, Lauren Bell, Eva Dixon and Alexandra Kivley - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater on May 16: Michael Medcalf - Bayside; Scott Brill - Brown Deer; Philip Gieschen - Mequon; Clare Phillips - Shorewood; Elliot Unkefer - Thiensville; and Michael Daly - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students were named to the dean's list at Lawrence University for the spring 2009 semester: Melanie Pauly - Bayside; Jared Padway - Fox Point; Meredith Foshag,Schuyler Gardner and J.B. Sivanich - Mequon; Mitchell Guenther and Stan Jablonski - River Hills; Britta Luteyn - Shorewood; Cam Blegen, Katie Hoylman,Mark Sprtel and Naomi Waxman - Whitefish Bay; and Callie Sullivan, a graduate of Whitefish Bay High School.
• William Fieweger and Michael Puck, both of Bayside, Christine Brown of Glendale, Cathryn Liska of Mequon, and Anthony Linn of Shorewood were all named to the dean's list at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn., for the spring 2009 semester.
• Lauren E. Dadmun of Fox Point was named to the dean's list at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, for the spring 2009 semester.
• MacKenzie Pecor of Fox Point was named a Scholar Athlete at Ohio State University for the 2008-09 school year. She is a coxswain on the Women's Rowing Team. This is the second year she has been honored with the award.
•Teri Benn graduated from Loyola University with a degree in medicine on June 7. She will be a resident at Washington University in St. Louis. Teri is the daughter of Charles and Lynne Bomzer of River Hills.
• Abby Davis of Mequon is participating in the Cooperative Education Program at the University of Wisconsin-Stout this year.
• The following students graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh in spring 2009: Carol De Sisti - Bayside; Elizabeth Luciano, Andrea Radue and Jamie Widder - Mequon; Matthew Kile - Shorewood; and Garrett Carter and Michael Hardtke - Whitefish Bay.
•Hunter R. Felknor of Fox Point graduated from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, on May 9.
• Kevin Abbott of Mequon graduated with a business degree from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
• Gabrielle R. Felknor of Fox Point was named to the dean's list at Miami University of Oxford, Ohio, for the fall 2008 and spring 2009 semesters.
• The following students graduated from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse on May 16: Jonathan Coblentz and Jordan Ellison - Glendale; Alex Burton and John Ohare III - Mequon; Maxwell Geers - River Hills; Tiffany Hock, Erin Keating, Heidi Heckendorf,Andrew Johannes and Molly Szal - Thiensville; JuliePitel - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students were named to the dean's list at Mount Mary College for the spring 2009 semester: Giovanna Iannollo - Bayside; Kristie Farahbakhsh, Talisa Larson and Amanda Wilde - Brown Deer; Lana Larson and Sarah Leatherman - Shorewood; Jennifer Obudzinski - Whitefish Bay.
• The following students graduated from St. Norbert College on May 17: Matthew Sullivan - Bayside; Kate Kaminski and William Stevens - Mequon; Jessica Lococo - Thiensville; StevenWulz - Whitefish Bay.
• Zhen Zhang of Whitefish Bay received a $1,000 award from the Mary Jo and Dick Kovacevich Scholarship Program. She is the daughter of Wei Ma and a graduate of Whitefish Bay High School.
• Victor Torres of Glendale received a $1,000 award from the Wells Fargo Team Members' Dependent Children Scholarship Program. He is the son of Diane Torres and a graduate of Nicolet High School.
• Margaret Steinam of Mequon placed first with a time of 3:44:36 in the female age 60 and older category in the Camp Whitcomb/Mason Triathlon on Aug. 9.
Do you have some news in your family? Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/Community Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 19
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 8
- Celebrations: July 25
- Celebrations: July 11
- Celebrations: July 4
- Celebrations: June 27
- Celebrations: June 13
- Celebrations: June 6