• A 25-year-old Port Washington man was arrested for drunken driving and refusal to take a breath test after an Ozaukee sheriff's deputy notified Bayside police of an erratic driver in the 7300 block of Interstate 43 at 12:45 a.m. Nov. 20. A 28-year-old Port Washington woman, a passenger, was arrested for a parole violation - she had been drinking.
• A 58-year-old Brown Deer woman was cited for dog at large after her two dogs, a Pomeranian and a Chihuahua mix, ran after another dog on a leash in the 6600 block of West Donges Lane at 4:30 p.m. Nov. 8. The woman had a total of six dogs in her home. She said the dogs were all licensed, and she had a permit. When told only two of the dogs were licensed and she had no permit, she licensed the dogs and got the permit Nov. 12.
• Two bicycles valued at $200 were taken from an underground garage at an apartment complex in the 8900 block of North Park Plaza Court on Nov. 9 to 15. A chain that was around the bikes was cut.
• A 20-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for possession of 0.9 grams of marijuana, a warrant and theft at Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 10. The woman said she had lost her job and took the items valued at $94 with "no intention" to pay for them.
• A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft from Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 2 p.m. Nov. 10. The woman fled the store and drove away with the stolen items valued at $146. She was stopped and along with the items taken from Kohl's, there were other items in her car from a nearby store without a receipt. She said she had purchased them in Illinois.
• A 53-year-old Brown Deer man was arrested for disorderly conduct after making obscene comments to a woman vacuuming a hallway in the 5600 block of West Brown Deer Road at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 12. The man denied the allegations saying he just wanted her to move away from his door.
• Three holes, possibly caused by a BB gun, were found in the windshield of a Chevy Trailblazer in the 5300 block of West Churchill Lane on Nov. 13. Damage was $400.
• A front door was kicked in but entry not gained in the 8300 block of North Regent Road sometime Nov. 3 to 17. Damage was $50.
• An unsecured 16-inch mountain bike valued at $300 was taken from Maple Dale School, 8377 N. Port Washington Road, from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 11.
• A laptop computer valued at $450 was taken from an unlocked car at River Point Shopping Center, 8747 N. Port Washington Road, sometime Nov. 15.
• A 35-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving, driving with an expired license and refusal to take a breath test after not yielding to traffic and causing an accident near Silver Spring Drive and Port Washington Road at 2 a.m. Nov. 10. The woman admitted having three margaritas.
• A GPS unit, radio/ CD player and a subwoofer with a total value of $650 were taken from a car at Cardinal Stritch College, 6801 N. Yates Road, on Nov. 9 or 10. Damage was $200.
• A 40-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, and hit and run in the 5700 block of North Port Washington Road at 11:45 a.m. Nov. 12. He had sideswiped a car and when asked how the accident happened said, "I don't know what you're talking about." When asked what city he was in, said "Bayshore." His blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
• Three Milwaukee boys, 14, 15 and 17, were arrested for armed robbery in the 5400 block of North Port Washington Road about 9 p.m. Nov. 12. The boys threatened a group of teenagers with air-soft guns, knocking down a girl and hitting a boy on the head. They took a cell phone and some money and fled but were found in Whitefish Bay. Canine officer Boomer found one boy hiding in the 5100 block of North Bay Ridge Avenue. When interviewed, one boy said he hadn't done anything wrong. When reminded he brought the guns, he still didn't think he did anything wrong.
• A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct after a report of a man and woman arguing in the 5200 block of North Mohawk Avenue at 3 a.m. Nov. 13. When police arrived, the man threw a .22 caliber revolver over a fence. It was loaded with five rounds of ammunition.
• A clerk was attacked by a female customer at Payless Footwear, 5654 N. Bayshore Drive, at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 14. The customer became angry when she had to wait to make a purchase because the store's computer was down and threatened the clerk and punched her before leaving. The clerk was not injured.
• A man pumping gas was asked by a stranger if he had change for a $20 bill at BP Amoco, 525 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 7 p.m. Nov. 13. The man gave the stranger two $10 bills for the $20 bill and the stranger drove away quickly. The $20 bill was counterfeit.
• One domestic violence incident was reported this week.
No reportable incidents this week
• Two Shorewood males, 17 and 18, were cited for trespassing after a witness saw them climb a fire escape onto a roof in the 4000 block of North Oakland Avenue at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 12.
• A 65-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for damage to property and trespassing after a witness reported him damaging a pillar in a construction area on the Oak Leaf Trail, 1200 E. Capitol Drive, at 7 a.m. Nov. 13. The man said he was just trying to carve his initials into the stone.
• An attempted burglary was reported in the 3600 block of North Murray Avenue during the day Nov. 15. A window screen had been cut but no entry gained.
• Two holes were cut into a screen but entry was not gained in the 3500 block of North Oakland Avenue from Nov. 10 to 15.
• A laptop computer valued at $1,000 and $25 cash were taken from a car in the 4500 block of North Sheffield Avenue on Nov. 14 or 15.
• A digital media player valued at $150 was taken from a locked locker in the gym of Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, before 4 p.m. Nov. 16.
• A fire extinguisher was discharged inside the Klode Park Warming House, 5900 N. Lake Drive, on both Nov. 15 and Nov. 17. The amount of damage was not available.
• A 29-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for driving after revocation after failing to dim his lights in the 200 block of East Hampton Road at 3 a.m. Nov. 16. His passenger, a 29-year-old Milwaukee woman, was cited for obstruction after giving a false name.
• A computer and a number of wrist watches were taken from a residence in the 5200 block of North Shoreland Avenue the day of Nov. 17. Entry was gained through a back window.
• A $350 bicycle was taken from a garage in the 5400 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard on Nov. 17 or 18.
• A resident reported hearing gun shots coming from the lake in the 5800 block of North Shore Drive at 7:45 a.m. Nov. 18. A hunter was in a boat on the lake and since he was over 500 feet from shore there was no violation.
• A witness reported that alcohol drinks were being given away at Sports n Cuts, 402 E. Silver Spring Drive, at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 18. The shop was warned that a license was required to sell or even just give away alcoholic beverages.
• An 11-year-old boy was "slightly hurt" after he ran into traffic and hit by a car in the 1100 block of East Henry Clay Street about 3 p.m. Nov. 18. No tickets were issued.
• A 14-year-old Whitefish Bay boy reported that two boys robbed him as he walked home from school through an alley in the 400 block of East Henry Clay Street about 3:15 p.m. Nov. 19. The boys were ages 14 to 17 dressed in black wearing masks. They took a wallet with $12.
• A laptop computer and jewelry were taken from the 5400 block of North Shoreland Avenue between 1 and 9:15 p.m. Nov. 19. Forced entry was made through a back window and when the residents arrived home, their front door was unlocked.
• A 32-year-old Glendale man was arrested for drunken driving in the 5200 block of North Mohawk Avenue at 3:45 p.m. Nov. 20. Police were alerted by a CVS employee who reported an intoxicated man had tried to buy liquor there and when they refused he drove off. His BAC was 0.32.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
• Firefighters responded to 96 calls, 76 emergency medical and 20 fire/rescue Nov. 15 to 21.
• A cooking fire was reported in a kitchen at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, at 12:20 p.m. Nov. 21. There was heavy smoke but the fire was out. Fans were used to clear the area. No damage was reported.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014