In response to an Open Records request from NOW Newspapers, the School District of Brown Deer has provided a list of the applicants for two guidance counselor positions that were filled over the summer.
Former School Board member Kathy Stresman applied for an open elementary guidance counselor/social worker position on July 11 and for an open high school guidance counselor position on July 17.
Stresman resigned from the board on July 26.
When asked if she left the board in order to apply for the positions, Stresman last week refused to discuss any jobs that she had applied for in the district but did talk about her newly created position in the school district as community and family outreach coordinator.
She said she learned of that part-time position on Aug. 23 and was interviewed for it on the same day. The School Board both created the position and hired Stresman in less than five minutes on Aug. 30. The job was not posted.
There were 70 applicants for the elementary position and 91 for the high school position. The School Board on Aug. 9 and 16 approved a number of new employees, including Amber Montague for the elementary position and Kelly Moore for the high school position.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Fox Point residents question village leadership after seven municipal workers leave in last year
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Woman reports man tried to scam her by fishing for personal information
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014