In response to an Open Records request from NOW Newspapers, the School District of Brown Deer has provided a list of the applicants for two guidance counselor positions that were filled over the summer.
Former School Board member Kathy Stresman applied for an open elementary guidance counselor/social worker position on July 11 and for an open high school guidance counselor position on July 17.
Stresman resigned from the board on July 26.
When asked if she left the board in order to apply for the positions, Stresman last week refused to discuss any jobs that she had applied for in the district but did talk about her newly created position in the school district as community and family outreach coordinator.
She said she learned of that part-time position on Aug. 23 and was interviewed for it on the same day. The School Board both created the position and hired Stresman in less than five minutes on Aug. 30. The job was not posted.
There were 70 applicants for the elementary position and 91 for the high school position. The School Board on Aug. 9 and 16 approved a number of new employees, including Amber Montague for the elementary position and Kelly Moore for the high school position.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research