The seven member communities of the North Shore Fire Department will not see an increase in the community contributions to the department in 2012, but further adjustments to the 2012 budget, adopted this morning, may be necessary.
The $13,843,909 budget includes the $362,000 paramedic supplemental payment from Milwaukee County. County Executive Chris Abele has said his 2012 county budget would not continue the $3 million of supplemental payments. The North Shore's share of that figure is $362,000.
Fire Chief Robert Whitaker said Milwaukee County fire chiefs continue to meet to devise an alternative to Abele's proposal, including one plan that would reduce the payments but not eliminate them. The supplemental payments have been on the chopping block in past budget years but the payments were ultimately not cut.
The chiefs hope to enlist the assistance of the Intergovernmental Cooperation Council at its Wednesday meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Fox Point residents question village leadership after seven municipal workers leave in last year
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Woman reports man tried to scam her by fishing for personal information
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014