Fox Point - In an effort to increase membership and usage, village officials are reducing nonresident fees for the Fox Point Municipal Pool for the 2012 season.
The discussion came up Tuesday as the Village Board voted on an ordinance to change a number of fees, ranging from building inspection services to permits for electrical work. Pool fees also were included in the list.
Trustee Douglas Frazer proposed an amendment be made to nonresident family memberships, which were $395 in 2011. The fee will be reduced to $360 - double the $180 fee charged to residents for a family membership. Frazer said he made the issue to the table after reviewing the municipal pool in Cedarburg.
"I'm making my recommendation after reviewing what they have since they are our closest municipal competitor," Frazer said.
Nonresident family membership fees were already reduced in 2011. The year prior, the village had been charging $425 for a season pass to those outside the municipal boundaries.
Village Manager Susan Robertson said nonresident family memberships did increase slightly in 2011, from 166 in 2010 to 179 in 2011.
By reducing the fee, village officials hope memberships will increase so the lost revenue from the reduced fee is made up.
"I'm going to vote in favor of this in the spirit of increasing overall pool revenue," Trustee Eric Fonstad said. "We've made some improvements to the facility by patching it up and keeping it in usable shape."
Other pool-related fees already scheduled for an increase are moving forward. A daily fee for adult guests is increasing from $7.50 to $7.75 and child guests from $5.50 to $5.75. Group swim lessons are increasing from $50 to $55 per set. A rental fee for residents is increasing from $125 to $150.
All other fees will remain the same from 2011 figures.
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)