The Ozaukee County Sheriff's Department will provide an interim police chief for Thiensville following the retirement of current Chief Richard Preston on March 13.
The Village Board discussed an interim replacement in closed session last night and decided to contract with the Sheriff's Department. The interim chief will not be a candidate for the position, Village Manager Dianne Robertson said.
The village received 30 applications for the position and has narrowed the field to six applicants. Interviews with the Village Board will take place March 15 and 16.
The interim chief will likely fill the position for a month or two, she said. She will work out an hourly pay with the sheriff, Robertson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Footbridge construction a month away in Fox Point
- Maple Dale-Indian Hill hires superintendent
- Kohler Arts Foundation explains decision to move Mary Nohl house
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Mary Nohl house discussed at art preservation forum
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Nicolet alum pedaling against poverty
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- In Brief: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 12