The Ozaukee County Sheriff's Department will provide an interim police chief for Thiensville following the retirement of current Chief Richard Preston on March 13.
The Village Board discussed an interim replacement in closed session last night and decided to contract with the Sheriff's Department. The interim chief will not be a candidate for the position, Village Manager Dianne Robertson said.
The village received 30 applications for the position and has narrowed the field to six applicants. Interviews with the Village Board will take place March 15 and 16.
The interim chief will likely fill the position for a month or two, she said. She will work out an hourly pay with the sheriff, Robertson said.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research