Longtime Fox Point village manager to soon say farewell
Robertson resigns after 17 years; moving out West
Fox Point - Fox Point Village Manager Susan Robertson is starting a new year in a new position and saying goodbye to the village after 17 years of service.
Robertson has accepted a position as city administrator of Sun Valley, Idaho. Her last day as the Fox Point village manager is Dec. 27.
"The elected officials I've worked with, and the employees, care about the community and its residents and it shows in the work that they do, and it's been a privilege to be the manager in Fox Point," Robertson said.
Robertson is not new to the West. Before stepping into her position in Fox Point, she worked as the assistant city manager in Laramie, Wyo. She also heads to the Rocky Mountains every summer for vacation.
The Sun Valley community has about 1,400 residents and many vacation properties. Altogether, it has about the same amount of properties as Fox Point.
"I think what's really similar with their community and ours is that they expect a high level of quality municipal services so I think that expectation will be similar," Robertson said. "I just felt like I was good fit for the position with my skill set and the type of community I've been working in."
Working for the same municipality for nearly two decades comes with its share of accomplishments; however, Robertson said her biggest accomplishment has been helping to continue providing a high level of service for residents despite facing cuts in revenue and the levy limit.
As village manager, Robertson also saw the construction of a new police building, as well as making considerable strides in the stormwater projects throughout the village.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fox Point footbridge rekindles memories
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Fox Point residents question village leadership after seven municipal workers leave in last year
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014