What is it about Fox Points $2.88 million "Footbridge to Nowhere" and the special interest group called Footbridge Friends that the Fox Point Village Board is trying to hide from taxpayers?
At the Village Board's monthly meetings, trustees have repeatedly and arrogantly refused to answer residents questions about the footbridge. Nor will they allow any questions about Footbridge Friends, the secretive group of mostly Barnett Lane residents who are trying to force all Fox Point taxpayers to pay for the group's useless and exorbitantly expensive footbridge.
At the February board meeting a resident tried to ask a question about the group's activities but was repeatedly interrupted by Trustee Douglas H. Frazer. Keep in mind the Village Board gave $30,000 of public money to this group to fund its operations. So what is it about this group the board is so afraid the public might learn?
I suspect most Fox Point taxpayers have no idea of the nonsense going on at Village Board meetings. If you are concerned about high taxes please set aside March 12 to attend the 7 p.m. public meeting. If you don't get involved in the discussion you have no right to complain later!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: May 20
- Mequon's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Braeger calls off Fox Point-Bayside recall
- Fox Point-Bayside chooses Dalzin as new superintendent
- Fox Point steps closer to footbridge's removal
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal