Fox Point police arrested a man for drunken driving and battery to an officer after the man sped near 80 mph in a 35 mph zone and then kicked an officer in the stomach Oct. 3.
According to the Fox Point police report:
A man, age and residence not released, was speeding around 80 mph in a 35 mph zone in the 8300 block of North Port Washington Road at 2:45 a.m. Oct. 3. The man turned off his lights when he saw the squad car and sped away to Doctors Park, 8400 E. Fox Lane, hitting a tree and then fleeing.
After being arrested, the man kicked an officer in the stomach. He had a preliminary blood-alcohol content of 0.162 and a warrant was issued for a blood draw.
The man was arrested for driving while impaired, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, disorderly conduct, battery to an officer and speeding.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Fox Point police chief retires after 18 years
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Footbridge construction a month away in Fox Point
- Maple Dale-Indian Hill hires superintendent