No reportable incidents this week.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft and trespassing after taking baby items at Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 5 p.m. Jan. 17. The woman had been banned from all Kohl's store after an arrest for theft. She admitted taking the baby items valued at $153 and also admitted knowing she had been banned.
· Items valued at more than $1,700 including a digital media player, video game console, both wire and wireless controllers and a laptop were taken from the 8400 block of North 50th Street during the day Jan. 21. A backdoor window was broken to gain entry.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related, and possession of marijuana after he attacked a woman and fled the scene at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 21. Officers stopped his car in the 8700 block of North 60th Street and he was found with 0.5 grams of marijuana.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of five cans of baby formula valued at $90 and a warrant at Pick 'n Save, 9200 N. Green Bay Road, at 9:27 a.m. Jan. 23.
· A student, age and residence not released, was issued a municipal citation for disorderly conduct/fighting after fighting on a school bus in the 8300 block of North 60th Street at 3 p.m. Jan. 23. The bus driver flagged down an officer when the fight began.
· A smartphone valued at $125 was taken from a woman's locker at YMCA, 9250 N. Green Bay Road, between 1 and 3:30 p.m. Jan. 25. The owner reported she had locked her locker.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, driving with a suspended license, failure to have insurance and failure to obey a traffic sign after making an illegal turn in the 4500 block of West Dean Road at 2:50 a.m. Jan. 26. The woman said she didn't see the sign because she wasn't wearing her glasses which she is required to do as listed on her suspended license.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related and a warrant after punching a woman in the eye and throwing clothes out a window at 6:30 a.m. Jan. 26. A relative of the victim who was at the scene called police.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, driving with a suspended license and open intoxicants after smashing into a snow bank in the 9300 block of North Green Bay Road at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 26. When asked if he'd been drinking, the man said he been drinking "a lot" at different bars. He was taken to a hospital for injuries.
· An electronic tablet valued at $750 and secured to a wall was reported taken from Winter Services, 4059 W. Bradley Road, at 6 a.m. Jan. 27. The tablet is used by employees to check in. The same type of tablet was taken from the business Jan. 12.
· A resident reported a purchase of two Sapphire Computer Video Cards valued at more than $1,200 were charged fraudulently to the resident's PayPal account. The charge was discovered when the resident received a flashlight also charged to that account that had not been ordered.
· A 10-foot trailer valued at $3,788 was reported taken from a driveway in the 7700 block of North Beach Drive at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 28. When the theft happened is unknown. Trailer accessories and other items valued at $300 were in the trailer.
· A 48-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft and trespassing at H&M, 5765 N. Bayshore Drive, at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 22. The man, who had a lifetime ban from the mall, attempted to flee with six shirts valued at $250 hidden in a Boston Store bag. He admitted it was stupid but he needed money to pay rent.
· A resident reported someone attempting to enter a back patio door in the 5400 block of North Dexter Avenue at 7:23 p.m. Jan. 22. The resident, who saw the suspect flee, reported a sensor light had been disconnected.
· A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving, driving while suspended and possession of marijuana after she was stopped for weaving in traffic on Green Bay Avenue at Good Hope Road at 1:42 a.m. Jan. 23. The woman had 9.3 grams of marijuana in a backpack on the front seat. Her BAC was 0.12.
· Two men, ages and residences not released, were arrested for armed robbery and recklessly endangering safety and a female juvenile, age and residence not released, was referred to children's court for obstruction in an attempted armed robbery where shots were fired with one person being shot causing non-life threatening injuries in the 6900 block of North Port Washington Road about 3:15 p.m. Jan. 23. The suspects met up with two or three others to purchase phones using the positive credit score of someone in one of the groups. It turned out none had good credit so no one could purchase the phones and the suspects then attempted to rob the others.
· A total of four wheels and tires valued at $3,200 were taken from two 2014 Chevy Impalas from a back lot of Andrew Chevrolet, 1500 W. Silver Spring Drive, on Jan. 25 or Jan. 26.
· A female employee, age and residence not released, was cited for theft after a report of her taking items from purses left in a break room at Buffalo Wild Wings, 590 W. Northshore Drive, at 7 p.m. Jan. 26. When confronted she began to argue loudly denying everything but then admitted the theft.
· A $400 purse and contents including a $300 wallet, $200 worth of makeup and an smartphone was taken from a car at the Elite Sports Club, 2001 W. Good Hope Road, between 8:40 and 9:25 a.m. Jan. 27. A window was broken to gain entry. Before the theft was discovered, a female used a stolen credit card to purchase a $600 snowblower at a Milwaukee Home Depot.
· A 41-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for theft and possession of drug paraphernalia after taking an electronic tablet from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 1:50 p.m. Jan. 27. The man had syringes, needles, a razor and spoon along with a "powdery substance" which he said a friend gave to him but he didn't know what it was.
· A laptop computer valued at $1,400 was taken when left under a jacket while the owner shopped at Barnes and Noble, 5755 N. Bayshore Drive, before 2:40 p.m. Jan. 28.
· A wallet and contents including credit cards and identification was taken from an unsecured office during church services at St. Christopher's Episcopal Church, 7845 N. River Road, before 11 a.m. Jan. 19. Several transactions were made for about $75 before the theft was discovered.
· A window was broken on the north side of the St. Mortiz Salon, 3955 N. Prospect Ave., on Jan. 21 or 22 and reported Jan. 28. Damage was $1,000.
· About 1,500 Schedule II prescription pills were taken during an armed robbery at Hayek's, Pharmacy, 4001 N. Downer Ave., about 9 a.m. Jan. 24. Suspects entered the store, one armed with a gun and that gun was fired into the floor within a few feet of employees during the robbery. No injuries were reported.
· Residents reported that during the last month paper clips had been inserted into more than 10 door locks causing minor damage in the 1700 block of East River Park Court on Jan. 25.
· A wallet with credit cards and a Social Security card, value not available, was taken from a purse at Anytime Fitness, 4009 N. Oakland Ave., sometime 3 to 5 p.m. Jan. 25.
· A Shorewood man, age not released, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after a report of people arguing in the 2100 block of East Capitol Drive at 7:35 p.m. Jan. 25. When police entered the residence, a pipe and scale were in plain view.
· A Shorewood man, age not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related and intimidation of a witness after police responded to a 911 hang-up call at midnight Jan. 26. The man had pulled a woman's hair, slapped her and shook her violently.
· Two thefts of five cans each of baby formula valued at $170 were taken by the same man at Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., the first theft at 1:45 p.m. Jan. 26 and the next at 3:15 p.m. Jan. 28. The thefts were caught on surveillance video.
· An armed robbery was reported at Verizon Wireless, 4144 N. Oakland Ave., about 12:30 p.m. Jan. 28. Three men entered the store, one showing a gun, and took property and fled. They were males in their 20s wearing ski masks and dark clothing. The value of the property taken was not available.
· A suitcase and contents and an electronic tablet with a total value of $750 were taken from a car in the 4000 block of North Bartlett Avenue between 1 and 3:45 p.m. Jan. 29. A window was broken to gain entry.
· A female, not yet 21, residence not released, was arrested for violation of absolute sobriety, not carrying a license and defective stop lamp in the 800 block of East Silver Spring Drive at 2:47 a.m. Jan. 26. A female passenger, age and residence not released, was arrested for underage drinking.
· A smartphone valued at $420 was taken while the owner played basketball at the Jewish Community Center, 6255 N. Santa Monica Blvd., between 8 and 8:45 p.m. Jan. 28. The phone had been traced to a Milwaukee address and the case is under investigation.
· A slate table and four leather swivel chairs valued at $200 were taken from the 4600 block of North Morris Boulevard on Jan. 29 or 30 and reported Jan. 31. The home is for sale with a Realtor lock being used and people were in and out of the home during that time.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 39 mph in a 25 mph zone in the 1500 block of East Hampton Road at 2:35 a.m. Jan. 30. Her BAC was 0.12.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and failure to stop at a sign in the 1200 block of East Henry Clay Street at 4:15 a.m. Jan. 30. Her BAC was 0.13.
· Jewelry, value not listed, was taken from the master bedroom of a residence in the 5500 block of North Berkeley Boulevard sometime 9:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. Jan. 30. Pry marks to gain entry were found on a southeast window.
· A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for hit and run, failure to keep control of an automobile, no proof of insurance and violation of the restrictions on his license in the 100 block of East Chateau Place at 4 p.m. Jan. 31. The owner of the hit car saw her car being hit and told police it was a white Lexus and gave the plate number. Police located the car and the driver was arrested.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 115 calls, 83 emergency medical and 32 fire/rescue, Jan. 27 to Feb. 2.
· Firefighters responded to a report of the carbon monoxide alarm sounding in an apartment in the 8200 block of North 46th St., Brown Deer, at 11:15 a.m. Feb. 1. The reading was 30 ppm. The resident said the gas oven had been on about four hours in order to heat her apartment since the boiler was broken in the building. The apartment was ventilated and the resident was told not to use the oven as a heater and the manager should be notified.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 10, 2015
- North Shore police report: Sept. 3
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015