I am pleased to announce that I am running for election this spring for one of three open seats on the Fox Point-Bayside School District Board. I am looking forward to continuing the work I started in June 2013, when I was appointed to fill a vacancy.
In the weeks leading up to the April 1 election, I will be communicating to the residents of the School District about my candidacy. Today, however, I want to take this opportunity to personally thank two very special individuals — Alice Lawton and Tim Melchert. Alice and Tim are both finishing up their second terms and have decided not to run for re-election. I've gotten to know both of them over the last nine months. They are truly outstanding individuals and public servants. They have dedicated six years of their lives to making sure that the students of our district are getting the best education possible. Their tenure on the board has not always been smooth sailing. During the turmoil in the first half of 2013, Tim and Alice did their part to help the community navigate successfully through some difficult challenges. As we enter 2014, I believe the School District is in great hands with our new Superintendent, Vance Dalzin, and his administrative team — which is a combination of some great new additions and some longer tenured individuals. Our students are in great hands with our teachers who have been and continue to be outstanding.
Alice and Tim have set a high professional standard for those who follow. If elected this spring, I look forward to not only continuing the work I have done on the School Board for the last nine months, but also to upholding the high bar of professionalism and dedication set by Tim and Alice.
Bayside resident and
School Board member
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- Trial by fire for new Fox Point police chief
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Fox Point police chief retires after 18 years