The six administrators in the Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District will not receive a pay increase for the 2009-10 school year.
Mary Dean, district administrator and Maple Dale School principal, made the request to the School Board on March 10.
"As part of the budget planning process, the administration is cognizant of the current economic landscape, and the uncertainties regarding future spending," Dean said. "One step that can be taken is to control known costs and expenses."
Maple Dale-Indian Hill has been contending with annual budget shortfalls for several years as resident student enrollment within the district has declined.
The district this spring will have two referendum questions, one to increase spending for operating costs by $800,000 annually for 10 years and another to borrow $4 million to address maintenance needs, on the ballot.
The board welcomed Dean's request.
"Financially and symbolically, this makes an important statement to everyone in the community about the current state that we're in, and what we're up against," board member Mark Goldstein said.
Dave Fidlin can be reached at (262) 446-6603.
By the numbers
Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District administrator salaries will remain the same for the 2009-10 school year.
District Administrator and Maple Dale School Principal Mary Dean
Indian Hill School Principal Brendan McCarthy
Business Administrator Gary Swalve
Director of Pupil Services Deb Cook-Westfahl
Instructional Technology Coordinator Chris See
Director of Operations Jim Beckmann (Maple Dale-Indian Hills's portion at 40 percent)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point hires new village manager
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Tosa man allegedly exposed himself at Fox Point tanning salon
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- Two men charged with robbing Topper's Pizza in Fox Point at gunpoint
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015