As William Butler Yeats said, "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." The Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District has been lighting the fires of young people since 1923. The district has been a leader in education at the local, state and national levels. It has an unbelievably positive reputation in education circles. Throughout its history, the district has enjoyed top-notch, outstanding support from the entire community.
About 20 years ago, the community supported a referendum that helped enhance the district's image as a trendsetting, successful district. When people came to Maple Dale-Indian Hill, the striking beauty of its buildings and the outstanding educational programs offered at its schools awed them. Now with rising costs and caps on budgets, the district again turns to the community for support to allow it to maintain its reputation, educational programs and the beauty of its schools. Supporting both items on the ballot Tuesday, April 7, will allow the district to continue to provide the unparalleled programs it offers.
Its core curricular program is always one of the best in the area and in the state. I know I have been truly blessed to work for such a successful, trendsetting, highly regarded school district.
The district has made many sacrifices over the past 10 to 15 years to avoid asking for community help. It now turns to you, the community, once again to help keep Maple Dale-Indian Hill the best in the state.
Vote "yes" for both referendum items April 7. Help the district continue lighting fires for future generations.
seventh- and eighth-grade
social studies teacher
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Tosa man allegedly exposed himself at Fox Point tanning salon
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- Two men charged with robbing Topper's Pizza in Fox Point at gunpoint
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet