The Fox Point Village Board last night agreed to waive a permit fee for Boy Scout Troop 391 for a Memorial Day parade.
The village traditionally assesses a $75 permit fee for entities requesting to use village streets.
The troop also will be exempt from any fees incurred for police staffing during the parade.
The scouts and the North Shore Rotary Club are planning the parade from 10 a.m. to noon Monday, May 25, beginning at the corner of Bradley and Port Washington roads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Fox Point to replace footbridge after years of debate
- Police Report: April 8
- Dickman wins write-in bid for Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling