• Daniel J. Blankenship has been named the first provost of Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road. He also will serve as the university's executive vice president and chief academic officer. Blankenship currently is the campus dean and chief executive officer at the University of Wisconsin-Fond du Lac.
• Dr. Joseph Shaker of Glendale has been appointed professor of clinical medicine in the division of endocrinology, metabolism and clinical nutrition at the Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff of Community Memorial Medical Commons. He practices in the new Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Endocrinology Center at Community Memorial Medical Commons.
• The Medical College of Wisconsin Digestive Disease Center Advisory Board has elected new members, including David Lex of Whitefish Bay, a financial consultant with Uvest Financial Services at PyraMax Bank, and Mary C. Brown of Mequon, president of Campbell Newman Asset Management. The 36-member board includes Wisconsin business, professional and civic leaders who are committed to advancing medical research.
• Dr. Lee Biblo of Mequon, professor of medicine and vice chair of clinical activities in the department of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been appointed chief medical officer of Medical College Physicians and associate dean for clinical affairs.
He will be responsible for supervising the clinical quality and clinical informatics officers and associate deans. He also will work closely with faculty medical directors, department chairs and the chief operating officer at Froedtert Hospital to achieve greater clinical effectiveness, higher quality outcomes, increased patient satisfaction and improved operating efficiency in adult patient care.
• Paul E. Hankwitz of Shorewood has been appointed associate professor of medicine in the division of geriatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He is board-certified in internal medicine. His clinical interests include development of the senior health program at Community Memorial Medical Commons in Menomonee Falls.
• William Reuteman has been appointed bank manager at Harris Bank's Cedarburg location. He has more than 23 years of banking experience, recently serving as bank manager of Harris Bank's Mequon office.