Fox Point - Responding to concerns from a resident, the Village Board plans to discuss possible residency restrictions and other issues involving sex offenders.
The discussion will be held during the board's next meeting, which is 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Mike Wirth, the resident, wrote to the board Feb. 26, asking:
"Do Fox Point residents have a say – legally – as to whether a person convicted of possessing child pornography is allowed to choose where he lives?
"What specific plans have been established by Fox Point to ensure that sex offenders are not a threat to children in Fox Point?
"What communications have Fox Point government representatives had with the Glendale Police Department to ensure that the children of Fox Point are safe in regard to the particular issue in his letter?
"What are the parameters for establishing an ordinance for the village in regard to sexual offenders who reside within the village?"
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Fox Point residents question village leadership after seven municipal workers leave in last year
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Woman reports man tried to scam her by fishing for personal information
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014