Fox Point - Responding to concerns from a resident, the Village Board plans to discuss possible residency restrictions and other issues involving sex offenders.
The discussion will be held during the board's next meeting, which is 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Mike Wirth, the resident, wrote to the board Feb. 26, asking:
"Do Fox Point residents have a say – legally – as to whether a person convicted of possessing child pornography is allowed to choose where he lives?
"What specific plans have been established by Fox Point to ensure that sex offenders are not a threat to children in Fox Point?
"What communications have Fox Point government representatives had with the Glendale Police Department to ensure that the children of Fox Point are safe in regard to the particular issue in his letter?
"What are the parameters for establishing an ordinance for the village in regard to sexual offenders who reside within the village?"
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mary Nohl house in Fox Point to be restored
- North Shore teens find an alternative sport in hantis
- Fox Point hires new village manager
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015