Fox Point - Responding to concerns from a resident, the Village Board plans to discuss possible residency restrictions and other issues involving sex offenders.
The discussion will be held during the board's next meeting, which is 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Mike Wirth, the resident, wrote to the board Feb. 26, asking:
"Do Fox Point residents have a say – legally – as to whether a person convicted of possessing child pornography is allowed to choose where he lives?
"What specific plans have been established by Fox Point to ensure that sex offenders are not a threat to children in Fox Point?
"What communications have Fox Point government representatives had with the Glendale Police Department to ensure that the children of Fox Point are safe in regard to the particular issue in his letter?
"What are the parameters for establishing an ordinance for the village in regard to sexual offenders who reside within the village?"
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)