A 28-year-old Milwaukee man has been charged with supplying the heroin that killed a Fox Point man in a 2006 overdose.
Isaac Joseph Sprotte faces a charge of first-degree reckless homicide, delivery of drugs, as party to a crime. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to 40 years in prison.
According to a criminal complaint filed last month, Sprotte obtained heroin for James B. Buley, 23, the night before he was found dead by his mother at her Fox Point home on Dec. 28, 2006.
A confidential informant told police about Sprotte and Buley in January 2009, according to the complaint.
Buley was a recovering addict who was home for a two-week visit from Nashville, Tenn., when he died, the complaint states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Fox Point residents question village leadership after seven municipal workers leave in last year
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Woman reports man tried to scam her by fishing for personal information
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014