A 28-year-old Milwaukee man has been charged with supplying the heroin that killed a Fox Point man in a 2006 overdose.
Isaac Joseph Sprotte faces a charge of first-degree reckless homicide, delivery of drugs, as party to a crime. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to 40 years in prison.
According to a criminal complaint filed last month, Sprotte obtained heroin for James B. Buley, 23, the night before he was found dead by his mother at her Fox Point home on Dec. 28, 2006.
A confidential informant told police about Sprotte and Buley in January 2009, according to the complaint.
Buley was a recovering addict who was home for a two-week visit from Nashville, Tenn., when he died, the complaint states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Tosa man allegedly exposed himself at Fox Point tanning salon
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- Two men charged with robbing Topper's Pizza in Fox Point at gunpoint
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet