A 28-year-old Milwaukee man has been charged with supplying the heroin that killed a Fox Point man in a 2006 overdose.
Isaac Joseph Sprotte faces a charge of first-degree reckless homicide, delivery of drugs, as party to a crime. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to 40 years in prison.
According to a criminal complaint filed last month, Sprotte obtained heroin for James B. Buley, 23, the night before he was found dead by his mother at her Fox Point home on Dec. 28, 2006.
A confidential informant told police about Sprotte and Buley in January 2009, according to the complaint.
Buley was a recovering addict who was home for a two-week visit from Nashville, Tenn., when he died, the complaint states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- One applicant in the running for Fox Point-Bayside School Board seat
- Police Report: June 17
- Mequon's assistant city administrator selected to manage Fox Point
- News & Notes: June 12
- NSFD's unfunded retirement liability looms
- Police Report: June 10
- News & Notes: June 5
- Community says fond goodbye to Monroe
- Nicolet plans energy projects over two years
- Fox Point-Bayside staff, committees refining middle school schedule