Glendale—River Hills — The School Board named Shannon Kilton principal of Parkway School on July 30.
Kilton earned a bachelor of science in education from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and a master's degree in educational administration from National Lewis University.
Mary Dressel, administrative assistant to District Administrator Larry Smalley, said Kilton's last position in education was as principal of Decorah Elementary in West Bend. She left education in 2006 to devote time to a business in which she is a partner but missed education and decided to seek another job.
She will be paid $86,000 a year.
Haydee Smith, who was assistant principal at Glen Hills Middle School for the last three years, was named its principal as part of a re-organization. Smalley was half-time principal and half-time district administrator. Under the reorganization, he becomes full-time district administrator, Smith becomes principal and the assistant principal position was eliminated.
- Mary Buckley
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fox Point footbridge rekindles memories
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide