Fox Point — The Village Board named F. R. Dengel III to fill a vacant trustee seat.
A pool of six candidates applied for a position left vacant when Mark Mowers did not take the oath of office after winning the seat last April.
Dengel earned his seat after the board voted 5-1 on Tuesday for him on the second ballot.
"I have seen the work the trustees do as volunteers and want to do my part to keep Fox Point a wonderful place to live," he said in a phone interview Wednesday morning.
Dengel grew up in Fox Point and returned with his wife, Kate, after buying a house on East Calumet Road two years ago. They have a 10-month old daughter.
Dengel, 44, is the first vice president of Emory & Co. He has a bachelor of arts degree in economics from Williams College and a master of management degree for the J.L. Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
He is on the board of directors and a member of the finance committee for Prevent Blindness Wisconsin and is chairman of the Military Service Support Committee for the Rotary Club of Milwaukee.
He was appointed to fill the seat until the April 2010 election. He said it is likely he will file papers to run for the remaining two years of the three-year term.
- Mary Buckley
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)