Fox Point — The Village Board named F. R. Dengel III to fill a vacant trustee seat.
A pool of six candidates applied for a position left vacant when Mark Mowers did not take the oath of office after winning the seat last April.
Dengel earned his seat after the board voted 5-1 on Tuesday for him on the second ballot.
"I have seen the work the trustees do as volunteers and want to do my part to keep Fox Point a wonderful place to live," he said in a phone interview Wednesday morning.
Dengel grew up in Fox Point and returned with his wife, Kate, after buying a house on East Calumet Road two years ago. They have a 10-month old daughter.
Dengel, 44, is the first vice president of Emory & Co. He has a bachelor of arts degree in economics from Williams College and a master of management degree for the J.L. Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
He is on the board of directors and a member of the finance committee for Prevent Blindness Wisconsin and is chairman of the Military Service Support Committee for the Rotary Club of Milwaukee.
He was appointed to fill the seat until the April 2010 election. He said it is likely he will file papers to run for the remaining two years of the three-year term.
- Mary Buckley
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mary Nohl house in Fox Point to be restored
- North Shore teens find an alternative sport in hantis
- Fox Point hires new village manager
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015