Eight Nicolet High School seniors have been named semifinalists in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Mark Ambrose, Mallory Beer, Max Blumenthal, Megan Grady, Nicole Hangsterfer, Elizabeth Hortsmeier, Nicholas Lee and Keith Lewis will advance to the finalist level of the competition to be considered for a Merit Scholarship award. Merit scholars are selected on the basis of their skills, accomplishments, and potential for success in rigorous college studies.
High school students enter the program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test - a test that serves as an initial screen of approximately 1.5 million entrants each year. The National Merit Scholarship winners of 2010 will be announced in four nationwide news releases beginning in April and concluding in July
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015