Eight Nicolet High School seniors have been named semifinalists in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Mark Ambrose, Mallory Beer, Max Blumenthal, Megan Grady, Nicole Hangsterfer, Elizabeth Hortsmeier, Nicholas Lee and Keith Lewis will advance to the finalist level of the competition to be considered for a Merit Scholarship award. Merit scholars are selected on the basis of their skills, accomplishments, and potential for success in rigorous college studies.
High school students enter the program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test - a test that serves as an initial screen of approximately 1.5 million entrants each year. The National Merit Scholarship winners of 2010 will be announced in four nationwide news releases beginning in April and concluding in July
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire