The Nicolet School Board is meeting at 5:45 p.m. to discuss the possible closing of West Green Tree Road by the village of River Hills.
River Hills residents living along Green Tree between Jean Nicolet and Range Line roads have asked the Village Board to close the road, saying it is dangerous because of speeding motorists.
Last month River Hills installed additional stop signs at Jean Nicolet and Green Tree roads in an effort to reduce speeding while the board considers the more drastic option of closing the road to through traffic.
Closing the road would likely have an impact on school bus routes.
The meeting is in the board room, B-113, at the high school, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point hires new village manager
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Tosa man allegedly exposed himself at Fox Point tanning salon
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- Two men charged with robbing Topper's Pizza in Fox Point at gunpoint
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015