The Nicolet School Board is meeting at 5:45 p.m. to discuss the possible closing of West Green Tree Road by the village of River Hills.
River Hills residents living along Green Tree between Jean Nicolet and Range Line roads have asked the Village Board to close the road, saying it is dangerous because of speeding motorists.
Last month River Hills installed additional stop signs at Jean Nicolet and Green Tree roads in an effort to reduce speeding while the board considers the more drastic option of closing the road to through traffic.
Closing the road would likely have an impact on school bus routes.
The meeting is in the board room, B-113, at the high school, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fox Point footbridge rekindles memories
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide