• A resident received a call saying she had won a lottery and all she had to do was send money to get her prize Dec. 18. The woman notified police and sent no money.
• Two mailboxes were reported damaged perhaps being hit by a bat in the 8800 block of North Bayside Drive and the 8900 block of North Regent Road on Dec. 20.
• A 39-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft at Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 3 p.m. Dec. 3. The man tried on a leather coat valued at $285, put his own coat over it and left the store.
• A 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for a second drunken-driving offense, operating after revocation and a warrant after he crashed into a parked car and drove off leaving behind pieces of his car in the 8000 block of North 66th Street about 8:45 p.m. Dec. 5. After police arrived, the suspect drove back to the accident scene with only one headlight, severe front damage, leaking oil and air bags deployed. The driver admitted having too much to drink. His blood-alcohol content was 0.278.
• A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft from Burlington Coat Factory, 9040 N. Green Bay Road, at 4 p.m. Dec. 9. He left the store with puffy pant legs and waved down a car asking for a ride. That car was stopped a few blocks away and items valued at more than $300 were found stuffed in the man's pants. The man, who was drunk, had a screw driver he used to remove sensor tags.
• Two Milwaukee women, 23 and 18, were arrested for theft from their employer TJ Maxx, 9020 N. Green Bay Road, on Dec. 10. The women had taken items in November and December.
• A 31-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 56 mph in a 40 mph zone in the 8700 block of North Deerbrook Trail at 2 a.m. Dec. 13. The man, who admitted having four to five beers, had a BAC of 0.20.
• A 14-year-old Brown Deer girl was cited for underage possession of alcohol after she was seen with a water bottle filled with pink liquid at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th St., at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 14. The girl admitted there was alcohol in the bottle and also admitted drinking some before school because she was "stressed out." Her BAC was 0.00.
• A 16-year-old Brown Deer boy was cited for disorderly conduct and truancy from Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th St., at 1:35 p.m. Dec. 15. The boy, who refused to follow instructions given by staff, left the building saying he was upset because the school wouldn't return his video game taken away Dec. 14.
• One domestic incident was reported this week.
• A 30-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for obtaining controlled substances by fraud at Ye Olde Pharmacy, 5320 N. Port Washington Road, at 5:45 p.m. Dec. 7. The man had prescriptions for oxycodone and sulfameth written on prescription forms stolen in September from the Internal Medicine Assoc., 17000 W. North Ave., Brookfield. The suspect, at first, said he thought the prescriptions were legitimate and given to him by another man who fled the scene. Later, he admitted knowing the prescriptions were fraudulent and also admitted once being addicted to oxycodone taking 30 to 40 pills a day but now he only took four to six.
• A 17-year-old Milwaukee girl was picked up on three outstanding theft warrants after an employee reported the odor of marijuana coming from a third floor room at the Baymont Inn and Suites, 5485 N. Port Washington Road, at 10 a.m. Dec. 10. More than 2 grams of marijuana were found in the room.
• A 17-year-old Fox Point girl and a 15-year-old Glendale girl were cited for disorderly conduct after fighting at Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, at 3:15 p.m. Dec. 10. The girls, who pushed and hit each other, said the other had called her names. One complained to police she hurt her ring finger when punching the other girl.
• A 52-year-old Glendale man was arrested for his sixth drunken-driving offense and obstruction/resisting in the 7700 block of North Chadwick Road at 2 a.m. Dec. 11. An off duty Milwaukee Police Officer followed the man after almost being rear-ended by that driver on Interstate 43. The suspect pulled into a driveway and tried to run away. When taken to have his blood test, he said he wouldn't do that test because he wanted to "have his own test." He was on probation for drunken driving.
• An inflatable snowman was slashed in the 200 block of West Mount Royal Road at 9 p.m. Dec. 11. The residents heard a loud pop and found their snowman ruined.
• A 49-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for a strong-armed robbery occurring in Shorewood Dec. 11 after she was seen driving a car matching the description of the getaway car used in that robbery in the 5600 block of North Bayshore Drive at 2:20 p.m. Dec. 15. She said it was her son's car.
• A Glendale woman received text messages, two of them showing her nude, with the sender making mention of that nudity about 11:30 p.m. Dec. 13. She asked the sender "how u get that." The response was "What u gone give me … gotta pay for the info."
• Ten sheets of shingles valued at $228 were taken from the 4000 block of North Maryland Avenue between Dec. 11 to 14.
• A digital camera and jewelry valued at more than $3,000 were taken from the 1800 block of East Capitol Drive during the day of Dec. 12. A front door had been forced open.
• A snow blower was taken and two cars entered in the 4400 block of North Frederick Avenue on Dec. 13 or 14. The snow blower was recovered a few houses away.
• An unlocked 2004 Chrysler van with a spare key inside was taken from the 2000 block of East Lake Bluff Boulevard early morning Dec. 14. The car was recovered by Milwaukee police in the 2500 block of North Bremen Street on Dec. 17.
• Motorcycle tools and a Toro 21-inch snow blower valued at more than $500 were taken from a locked garage in the 4200 block of North Olsen Avenue on Dec. 14 or 15.
• A garage was entered and a $300 digital media player taken along with a snow blower in the 4200 block of North Ardmore Avenue on Dec. 15. The snow blower was left behind.
• A 26-year-old Shorewood man was given medical assistance when a relative found him unconscious after injecting himself with heroin in the 4000 block of North Wildwood Avenue at 8:45 p.m. Dec. 15. An arrest for possession of a controlled substance was referred to the district attorney.
• A purse was taken from a car in the 3700 block of North Oakland Avenue the morning of Dec. 16.
• A 44-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of three bottles of liquor valued at more than $90 from Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., at 3 p.m. Dec. 16. The man told an employee that if he was touched "I'll kill you."
• A 48-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for burglary after he took a snow blower from the 1900 block of East Wood Place at 4 p.m. Dec. 16. The man drove off but was stopped by an officer.
• Four tires with 17-inch five-spoke wheels valued at $1,100 were taken from an unlocked garage in the 4800 block of North Oakland Avenue Dec. 16 or 17.
• A 30-year-old Brown Deer man was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped for speeding 38 mph in a 25 mph zone at Hampton and Woodruff avenues at 1:12 a.m. Dec. 17. His BAC was 0.15.
• A 20-year-old Fox Point man was arrested for absolute sobriety after he failed to stop for a red light at the northbound on-ramp of I-43 on North Port Washington Road at 2 a.m. Dec. 18. His BAC was 0.06.
• Three 14-year-old boys, two from Whitefish Bay and one from Brown Deer, were cited for criminal damage to property after throwing canned goods, candles and butter at motor vehicles causing damage in the 100 and 200 blocks of East Hampton Avenue the afternoons of Dec. 19 and 20. Two drivers reported their cars were hit with a pudding cup and a can of peas.
• A 28-year-old Fox Point woman was arrested for drunken driving and a Glendale warrant for driving while suspended in the 5900 block of North Lake Drive at 2:30 a.m. Dec. 20. Her BAC was 0.14.
• A house was broken into in the 5100 block of North Shoreland Avenue before 5 p.m. Dec. 20. Nothing was reported missing but there was $500 damage.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
• Firefighters responded to 104 calls, 75 emergency medical and 29 fire/rescue, between Dec. 14 and Dec. 20.
• An attic garage was reported in the 8600 block of North 68th Street, Brown Deer, at 4:45 p.m. Dec. 15. The fire, which fire which was put out quickly, was believed to have started because of 2-by-4s being installed too close to the metal chimney flue. The owner had installed the chimney and was advised it might not have been done incorrectly.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 11
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 27
- Police report: Jan. 20
- Police report: Jan. 14
- Police report: Jan. 6
- Police report: Dec. 30
- Police report: Dec. 23
- Police report: Dec. 16
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Police Report: Nov. 18
- Police Report: Nov. 11
- Police Report: Nov. 4
- Police Report: Oct. 28
- Police Report: Oct. 21