Second-grade classes in the Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District will return to Indian Hill School for the 2010-2011 school year.
School Board President Joe Kasle said the board was concerned about space at Maple Dale, where the classes are now located.
"We don't have enough flexibility to expand class sections there," he said. An influx of fourth-grade students this year made the board reflect on its space needs, Kasle said.
Although the second grade has fit in well at Maple Dale, it will also be a good fit back at Indian Hill where the classes were located until about four years ago.
Part of Indian Hill School is leased to early childhood businesses but the board was able to work out space arrangements with the businesses. Indian Hill will be home to 4-year-old kindergarten, kindergarten, first and second grades in September.
- Mary Buckley
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)