Second-grade classes in the Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District will return to Indian Hill School for the 2010-2011 school year.
School Board President Joe Kasle said the board was concerned about space at Maple Dale, where the classes are now located.
"We don't have enough flexibility to expand class sections there," he said. An influx of fourth-grade students this year made the board reflect on its space needs, Kasle said.
Although the second grade has fit in well at Maple Dale, it will also be a good fit back at Indian Hill where the classes were located until about four years ago.
Part of Indian Hill School is leased to early childhood businesses but the board was able to work out space arrangements with the businesses. Indian Hill will be home to 4-year-old kindergarten, kindergarten, first and second grades in September.
- Mary Buckley
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside pitches $3.8 million referendum to voters
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- Fox Point searches for new manager
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014