I am asking you to vote for me for Fox Point trustee this April 6 so that I can continue to help address the challenges facing our community.
I believe that Fox Point is first and foremost a residential community and that the preservation and enhancement of Fox Point's residential character must be the paramount concern of decision-makers for the village. We will not be able to maintain the level of services that attracts and retains residents to Fox Point if we fail to improve the tax base by supporting and encouraging residents to improve their homes.
We face significant fiscal challenges in maintaining our police, public works and other village services at levels Fox Point residents expect; investing in roads, water/sewer lines and public structures and equipment to comply with state laws and keep facilities from degrading; and deciding whether we can afford major capital projects (Bridge Lane footbridge replacement, library expansion, municipal pool repair/replacement) within levy caps, our limited tax base, and the willingness and ability of residents to pay.
I pledge to continue to work hard as your trustee, to continue to challenge village staff to defend their recommendations and to be available to any Fox Point residents who have concerns about the village.
I urge you to vote April 6, to tell your Fox Point neighbors and friends to vote and to stop by at Village Hall to vote by absentee ballot if you will be away from home on Election Day.
I have enjoyed my work as trustee for the last three years and would very much like to continue to represent your interests.
Thank you for your support and thank you for your vote.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- Trial by fire for new Fox Point police chief
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Fox Point police chief retires after 18 years
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014