Robert Whitaker will be sworn in May 6 as the second chief of the 15-year-old North Shore Fire Department.
Whitaker, a deputy chief in the department, was chosen this week by the North Shore Fire Commission.
The other applicant was Andrew Harris, also a deputy chief for the department.
Whitaker, a Mequon resident with 18 years of firefighting experience, replaces David Berousek. He resigned in February for health reasons.
Berousek had been chief since the department, which serves Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, River Hills, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay, was formed in 1995.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Footbridge construction a month away in Fox Point
- Maple Dale-Indian Hill hires superintendent
- Kohler Arts Foundation explains decision to move Mary Nohl house
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Mary Nohl house discussed at art preservation forum
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Nicolet alum pedaling against poverty
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- In Brief: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 12