Robert Whitaker will be sworn in May 6 as the second chief of the 15-year-old North Shore Fire Department.
Whitaker, a deputy chief in the department, was chosen this week by the North Shore Fire Commission.
The other applicant was Andrew Harris, also a deputy chief for the department.
Whitaker, a Mequon resident with 18 years of firefighting experience, replaces David Berousek. He resigned in February for health reasons.
Berousek had been chief since the department, which serves Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, River Hills, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay, was formed in 1995.
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)