Robert Whitaker will be sworn in May 6 as the second chief of the 15-year-old North Shore Fire Department.
Whitaker, a deputy chief in the department, was chosen this week by the North Shore Fire Commission.
The other applicant was Andrew Harris, also a deputy chief for the department.
Whitaker, a Mequon resident with 18 years of firefighting experience, replaces David Berousek. He resigned in February for health reasons.
Berousek had been chief since the department, which serves Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, River Hills, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay, was formed in 1995.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015