Robert Whitaker will be sworn in May 6 as the second chief of the 15-year-old North Shore Fire Department.
Whitaker, a deputy chief in the department, was chosen this week by the North Shore Fire Commission.
The other applicant was Andrew Harris, also a deputy chief for the department.
Whitaker, a Mequon resident with 18 years of firefighting experience, replaces David Berousek. He resigned in February for health reasons.
Berousek had been chief since the department, which serves Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, River Hills, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay, was formed in 1995.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mary Nohl house will stay in Fox Point
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Voters send message of change in Fox Point
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- For those with Down syndrome, Gigi's in Fox Point is more than a playhouse
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015