Glendale - Storms overnight damaged 80% of Nicolet High School and left the building still without power, Superintendent Rick Monroe said today.
"This whole area was basically a lake," Monroe said, pointing to the water line on the exterior of the building that was about 3 feet above the ground.
The boys locker room had six feet of standing water that damaged the new football equipment, moved a wooden storage unit 10 feet and sumberged the schools three main electrical units.
In addition to the locker room, the gym floor, which had two inches of standing water, likely suffered damage to the subfloor, which means it will need to be replaced.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fox Point footbridge rekindles memories
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash