Voters in Mequon's 8th Aldermanic District returned longtime alderwoman Pam Adams to the Common Council. Adams, first elected in 1994, had 491 votes to challenger Nancy Anderson's 401 votes.
Reached at a small election night party at her home, Adams said she is very happy.
"I appreciate the support of the district and will continue to represent their interest in furthering Mequon's future," she said.
Adams has not faced any opposition in 12 years but said she campaigned hard.
"I did a lot of door to door and I find that very inspiring," she said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mary Nohl house in Fox Point to be restored
- North Shore teens find an alternative sport in hantis
- Fox Point hires new village manager
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015