Brown Deer Police officers responded to a report of a suspicious device that was located in vacant residence in the 9000 block of North Brandybrook Trail at 8:17 this morning.
According to a news release, a safe perimeter was established by evacuating a limited number of residential homes and condominium units in the immediate area. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad was contacted and rendered the device safe.
It appears at this time to be a hoax device. Area residents were allowed to return to their residences once the device was deemed safe.
At this time an investigation is ongoing to determine the origin of the device.
There were no injuries that occurred as a result of this incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board president stepping down
- Time is short for new Bayside Middle School classes whose details aren't final
- News & Notes: May 22
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Braeger calls off Fox Point-Bayside recall
- Fox Point-Bayside chooses Dalzin as new superintendent
- Fox Point steps closer to footbridge's removal
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief