Brown Deer Police officers responded to a report of a suspicious device that was located in vacant residence in the 9000 block of North Brandybrook Trail at 8:17 this morning.
According to a news release, a safe perimeter was established by evacuating a limited number of residential homes and condominium units in the immediate area. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad was contacted and rendered the device safe.
It appears at this time to be a hoax device. Area residents were allowed to return to their residences once the device was deemed safe.
At this time an investigation is ongoing to determine the origin of the device.
There were no injuries that occurred as a result of this incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- Only four of five candidates campaigning in Fox Point primary
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- Fox Point-Bayside pitches $3.8 million referendum to voters
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015