Due to the heat advisory that has been issued for July 4, the kiddie parade scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Wednesday has been canceled. The ice cream party scheduled for 2 p.m. will be held near the 1884 Schoolhouse Museum.
The main parade scheduled for 1:30 p.m. will continue as planned. Village Manager Russell Van Gompel in a news release reminds "spectators and participants to stay hydrated and follow the common procedures to reduce the potential of heat stroke."
The Brown Deer Pond will be open from noon until 5 p.m. as a way to provide relief from the warm weather. The Pond is located in Village Park, 4920 W. Green Brook Drive.
The fireworks remain as scheduled at 9:30 p.m.
"We have taken additional precautions by watering and protecting the drop zone to reduce the fire potential," Van Gompel said. "As a reminder, it is unlawful for any discharge of private fireworks within the village.
For a complete schedule of Fourth of July events and the 2012 official program, visit www.browndeerwi.org.
For additional information, please feel free to contact either the village manager's office at (414) 371-3050 or the Park and Recreation Department at (414) 371-3070.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research