Brown Deer - In addition to planned repaving of Dean Road between North 55 Street and Teutonia Avenue, village officials are considering sidewalks as well.
Officials from the village and school district presented four possible options for sidewalk additions tonight in a public information meet, which ranged from no sidewalk additions to a sidewalk on the south side of Dean Road that would stretch from 55 Street and Teutonia Avenue.
The segment of Dean Road in question is a common route for pedestrians and students, according to city officials, many of whom have to walk on Dean Road itself and the frontage roads next to it. The village has worked with the school district to apply for a federal Safe Routes to School grant of approximately $217,000, which would offset the cost of the additional sidewalk. If the village secures the grant, the net cost of the most expensive sidewalk addition would be less than the cost of the project if no sidewalks were added and no grant received.
Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said that the village is open to feedback through August, when recipients of the grants are announced.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research