A 15-year-old Brown Deer boy was taken to a local hospital for non life threatening injuries after he was struck by a car around 7 a.m. today.
According to police, the boy was crossing North 60th Street in the crosswalk at West Tower Avenue when a car driven by a 49-year-old Milwaukee woman struck the boy. The woman, who was driving north on 60th Street told police she did not see the boy. The boy was walking to Brown Deer High School where he is a student.
The pedestrian sustained non-life threatening injuries, including a possible broken leg, and was transported by North Shore Fire Department ambulance to a local area hospital. The parents of the pedestrian were notified.
The vehicle, a 2007 Honda, sustained minor damage and the driver was not injured. The driver was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk and released from the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- Trial by fire for new Fox Point police chief
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Fox Point police chief retires after 18 years
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014