The Village Board unanimously approved a $5,812,600 tax levy and the 2007 municipal budget Nov. 30.
Taxpayers can expect a tax rate of $6.22 per $1,000, an increase of 39 cents - or 6.7 percent - from last year for the village portion of their tax bill.
The total levy increased by $386,030, a 7.11 percent increase from the 2006 budget.
The revenue raised through taxes and fees will go to pay for a $6,439,410 general fund budget.
Overall, the budget increased $161,840 - 2.6 percent - from the previous year.
More than half - 53 percent - of the general fund budget will be spent on salaries and benefits.
Another 24 percent of the budget will be spent on shared services, such as the library and the North Shore Fire Department.
The village's fund balance is expected to be $992,311 at the end of 2007. That amount represents a $28,927 - or 2.9 percent - decrease from this year.
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore region
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Smulyan resigns from Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Nicolet finds buyer for athletic field, renovations coming to high school, Glendale park
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Fox Point-Bayside hosts 'meet and greet' with new administrators
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon