A proposed school tax levy for next year, which is less than this year's, was approved by the School Board on June 4 for presentation at the Maple Dale-Indian Hill School District annual meeting.
The proposed levy of $5,646,501 is $23,408 less than this year's levy. The equalized property tax rate for elementary schools could go down from $5.63 per $1,000 of equalized value to $5.36 per $1,000.
That is not the actual rate taxpayers will see on their tax bills, however. Equalized rates are based on full market values, while tax bills are based on assessed values established by village assessors.
The board had intended to approve a proposed budget for the 2007-08 school year to present at the annual meeting, but there was a question about the figures.
The new business manager, Gary Swalve, who did not develop the budget, will review the numbers.
Residents at the annual meeting will have the task of officially approving the school levy for the 2007-08 school year. The annual meeting will be held at 5:45 p.m. Monday, July 9, at Maple Dale School, 8377 N. Port Washington Road, Fox Point.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Glendale-River Hills officials start work on fall 2014 referendum
- Fox Point taxpayers face slight increase
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- Nicolet bumps up insurance
- Openings abound in spring elections
- River Hills on board with NSFD funding formula
- NSFD board delays formula, expulsion decisions as River Hills meeting looms
- River Hills could face expulsion from North Shore Fire Department
- River Hills' stance unclear as Brunner continues toward veto of NSFD funding formula