An assistant principal has been named to fill the duties of principal for Indian Hill School, perform supervisory duties at Maple Dale School and assist the district administrator.
The Maple Dale-Indian Hill School Board on June 4 approved restructuring its administrative plan after the departure of the former district administrator, who was shared with the Glendale-River Hills School District.
As of this fall, Brendan McCarthy, who is dean of students at Maple Dale and a math teacher there, will be in the new position of assistant principal.
For more than a year and a half, Maple Dale Principal Mary Jordan Dean has served as both district administrator and Maple Dale principal while Indian Hill has had its own part-time principal, William Holloway, who will leave at the end of the school year.
At Indian Hill, McCarthy will monitor the educational program and do teacher evaluations. He also will have supervisory responsibilities at both district schools and will teach two eighth-grade math classes. In addition, he will help Dean plan, organize, implement and evaluate district operations.
McCarthy has state certification as a school administrator. He will be paid $75,000 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Rumage Around column: Classmates help bring more color to boy with color blindness
- Franklin honored for 40 years of school board service in Fox Point-Bayside, Nicolet
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Nicolet presents 'James and the Giant Peach' this weekend
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 21, 2016