The North Shore area was well represented on the North Shore and Woodland all-conference baseball teams.
Homestead's Jordan Rennicke (catcher) and Mike Feierstein (outfield) were first-team all-North Shore picks, as were Whitefish Bay's David Casey (first base), Charlie Markson (infield) and Al Drake (outfield).
Second-team selections included Nicolet's Phil Kramsky (catcher), Pat Collis (infield), Ben Knight (infield) and Elan Rasansky (designated hitter); Homestead's Aaron Benson (infield); and Whitefish Bay's C.J. Borchert (outfield).
Area honorable mentions were Homestead's Colin Smith (pitcher) and Dano Schoenenberg (first base); Whitefish Bay's Dan Ebert (infield) and Charlie Wroblewski (utility); and Nicolet's Cory Katzban (outfield).
West Bend West's Matt Schilter was the conference player of the year, and his coach, Bill Albrecht, was coach of the year.
In the Woodland Conference, Brown Deer's Kevin Wild (pitcher) was a North Division first-team selection and his teammates David Schimenz (catcher), Joey Monty (infield) and Kyle Balsewicz (designated hitter) were second-team choices. Also, Brown Deer's Andrew Belter (infield), David Kuczynski (outfield) and John Schimenz (outfield) were honorable mentions.
Shorewood's Malachi Krishok (infield) was a second-team choice and Greg Simbro (pitcher) was an honorable mention.
New Berlin West's Mike Kluz was the division player of the year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- Fox Point police chief retires after 18 years
- Footbridge construction a month away in Fox Point
- Maple Dale-Indian Hill hires superintendent
- Kohler Arts Foundation explains decision to move Mary Nohl house
- Mary Nohl house discussed at art preservation forum
- Nicolet alum pedaling against poverty
- Maple Dale School in Fox Point finds student jurors acquitting Goldilocks in mock trial
- Superintendent retiring from Maple Dale-Indian Hill