Fox Point-Bayside School District administrators have outlined a tentative calendar for the Curriculum, Instruction and Policy Committee meetings that are open to the public.
Three of the five School Board members sit on the committee and, at times, bring certain items to the full board for formal adoption. In other instances, administration provide updates and reports on programming and initiatives.
Under tentative plans, CIP meetings are to be held monthly in the fall, but bimonthly as the school year progresses.
Topics to be discussed in September include a report on the 2007-08 summer-school program and an overview of what's being proposed for next summer. Other agenda items include bullying prevention activities and a technology update.
In October, reviews are slated for the health, guidance and human growth curriculum. Further technology updates, notably in terms of the district's Web site, are also planned.
A review of the newly implemented Mandarin Chinese language offering, as well as middle school programming, are among the topics that will likely be discussed in December.
Administration also plans to provide an update on differentiation, a technique designed to reach students of all skill levels within the classroom, in December.
The June agenda will highlight results from the Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination. Administrators said the calendar is subject to revision and could have items added or subtracted along the way.
District Administrator Gary Petersen said the outline can be a useful means to the parents who attend the meetings.
"If someone were to say, 'When is (a particular curricular item) going to show up?,' we have it here," Petersen said.
CIP meetings are held on assorted dates and times at Stormonth Elementary School, 7300 N. Lombardy Road, Fox Point. For information, visit www.foxbay.k12.wi.us.
The September CIP meeting has been scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 5.
Dave Fidlin can be reached at email@example.com or (262) 446-6603.
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Smulyan resigns from Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Nicolet finds buyer for athletic field, renovations coming to high school, Glendale park
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Fox Point-Bayside hosts 'meet and greet' with new administrators
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon