Fox Point-Bayside School District administrators have outlined a tentative calendar for the Curriculum, Instruction and Policy Committee meetings that are open to the public.
Three of the five School Board members sit on the committee and, at times, bring certain items to the full board for formal adoption. In other instances, administration provide updates and reports on programming and initiatives.
Under tentative plans, CIP meetings are to be held monthly in the fall, but bimonthly as the school year progresses.
Topics to be discussed in September include a report on the 2007-08 summer-school program and an overview of what's being proposed for next summer. Other agenda items include bullying prevention activities and a technology update.
In October, reviews are slated for the health, guidance and human growth curriculum. Further technology updates, notably in terms of the district's Web site, are also planned.
A review of the newly implemented Mandarin Chinese language offering, as well as middle school programming, are among the topics that will likely be discussed in December.
Administration also plans to provide an update on differentiation, a technique designed to reach students of all skill levels within the classroom, in December.
The June agenda will highlight results from the Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination. Administrators said the calendar is subject to revision and could have items added or subtracted along the way.
District Administrator Gary Petersen said the outline can be a useful means to the parents who attend the meetings.
"If someone were to say, 'When is (a particular curricular item) going to show up?,' we have it here," Petersen said.
CIP meetings are held on assorted dates and times at Stormonth Elementary School, 7300 N. Lombardy Road, Fox Point. For information, visit www.foxbay.k12.wi.us.
The September CIP meeting has been scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 5.
Dave Fidlin can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (262) 446-6603.
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- North Shore locals will be on June 11 Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Ballots fill up for fall elections
- North Shore Police Reports, June 9, 2016
- Video: North Shore police train for active shooter situation
- Nicolet student displays Confederate flag, declares 'white privilege day'
- Whitefish Bay student forms youth theater company