Tanya O'Malley is transitioning from Fitchburg to Fox Point to oversee elections, license processing and meeting minutes.
The Village Board last month appointed O'Malley to the vacant position of village clerk. She is succeeding Constance McHugh, who left the village in May to assume the position of deputy clerk with the city of Cedarburg.
O'Malley began Oct. 15. Her salary is set at $54,000 annually
O'Malley comes from the city of Fitchburg, a Madison suburb with a population of 23,240, where she was deputy city clerk. She holds a bachelor's degree from Alverno College and last year became a certified municipal clerk by the state after attending the Wisconsin Municipal Clerk's Institute.
"I think that was a big factor," Village Manager Susan Robertson said of O'Malley's attributes as a candidate. "I think she'll do well with the citizens, and will make a good fit with our staff."
About 25 individuals applied for the position, Robertson said, and staff decided to interview eight of the candidates.
O'Malley said she desired to work in Fox Point as a means of advancing in her career.
"I started researching the community, and the more I learned, the more interested I became," O'Malley said. "Fox Point has a community feel to it that I find very appealing. I was excited to be offered this position, and I am eager to discover what my role will be in the community."
As she settles into her new role, O'Malley said she is hoping to acclimate herself to the residents, businesses and issues that are important to Fox Point.
"I am also looking forward to learning the policies and procedures used in the village … as well as getting to know my co-workers," she said.
Dave Fidlin can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (262) 446-6603.
- North Shore Police Reports, May 5, 2016
- Nicolet, Fox Point-Bayside school districts will share administrators
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- Teachers continue scholarship program on their own
- Shared superintendent proposal between Fox Point-Bayside and Nicolet weighed
- Fox Point-Bayside board wants to hire Nicolet administrators under shared services agreement
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Old car seats will be collected in Brown Deer Saturday
- Video: Stormonth students take virtual trip around the world
- North Shore Police Reports, April 14, 2016