Tanya O'Malley is transitioning from Fitchburg to Fox Point to oversee elections, license processing and meeting minutes.
The Village Board last month appointed O'Malley to the vacant position of village clerk. She is succeeding Constance McHugh, who left the village in May to assume the position of deputy clerk with the city of Cedarburg.
O'Malley began Oct. 15. Her salary is set at $54,000 annually
O'Malley comes from the city of Fitchburg, a Madison suburb with a population of 23,240, where she was deputy city clerk. She holds a bachelor's degree from Alverno College and last year became a certified municipal clerk by the state after attending the Wisconsin Municipal Clerk's Institute.
"I think that was a big factor," Village Manager Susan Robertson said of O'Malley's attributes as a candidate. "I think she'll do well with the citizens, and will make a good fit with our staff."
About 25 individuals applied for the position, Robertson said, and staff decided to interview eight of the candidates.
O'Malley said she desired to work in Fox Point as a means of advancing in her career.
"I started researching the community, and the more I learned, the more interested I became," O'Malley said. "Fox Point has a community feel to it that I find very appealing. I was excited to be offered this position, and I am eager to discover what my role will be in the community."
As she settles into her new role, O'Malley said she is hoping to acclimate herself to the residents, businesses and issues that are important to Fox Point.
"I am also looking forward to learning the policies and procedures used in the village … as well as getting to know my co-workers," she said.
Dave Fidlin can be reached at email@example.com or (262) 446-6603.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead ACT scores top North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Newsweek: Whitefish Bay best Wisconsin school; 30th in nation
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- New director will usher in a new chapter at North Shore Library
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore communities react to state ban on municipal home inspections at time of sale
- Whitefish Bay man allegedly charged officer with knives, screamed 'kill me' in officer-involved shooting