After an intensive two-year self study and a three-day site visit, the Medical College of Wisconsin has received the maximum 10-year reaccreditation from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC-NCA). The reaccreditation covers all Medical College programs leading to the M.D., Ph.D., M.S., M.A. and M.P.H. degrees. In November, a site visit team spent three days at the College, meeting with College leadership, faculty, staff and students, as well as representatives from community partners and affiliated institutions.
In its final report, the HLC said, "The Medical College of Wisconsin is to be commended for developing, achieving excellence, and maintaining the quality of education, research, and patient care. The present administration has effectively developed the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center campus as the primary patient care resource for Eastern Wisconsin."
"Reaccreditation is an extensive, lengthy process, that requires the efforts of so many people at or connected with the Medical College of Wisconsin," said T. Michael Bolger, JD, President and CEO. "Receiving reaccreditation for the maximum 10 years, and receiving a very positive and upbeat report from the NCA, shows that we are committed to our mission, we are committed to our faculty, staff and students, and we are committed to our partners and the community. It shows that the College truly does Practice What We Teach."
The report also stated that, "The Medical College has demonstrated the institution meets all of the (accreditation) criteria, and the team has confidence the institution's current resources, policies and planning processes are sufficiently strong to warrant a ten-year accreditation, with the next comprehensive site visit in the academic year of 2016-2017."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For those with Down syndrome, Gigi's in Fox Point is more than a playhouse
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Teens aim to raise $30K for Milwaukee homeless shelter
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak
- North Shore schools concerned about Walker's proposed budget cuts
- Only four of five candidates campaigning in Fox Point primary
- Fox Point-Bayside pitches $3.8 million referendum to voters
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election