Area high school kickers earn all-state honors
Brookfield Central senior Chris Madsen was named to the 2007 Wisconsin Soccer Coaches Association All-State first-team, as well as to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America All-Region team.
Madsen's teammates Robby Giljohann, a senior, also made first-team all-state, and sophomore Kevin Ferron made second-team.
Brookfield East senior Ben Kotek of Brookfield East earned honorable mention all-state.
Brookfield East names Peterson volleyball MVP
The Brookfield East girls volleyball team recently announced its 2007 team award winners.
Senior Noelle Peterson, a second-team all-Greater Metro Conference selection, was named the Lady Spartans' MVP and sophomore Marley Blood was named the team's most improved player. Junior Lane Konkel (leadership), senior Rebecca Widmann (coaches) and senior Suzanne Slivensky (spirit) also earned awards.
BEHS football, soccer players earn all-conference honors
A number of Brookfield East athletes earned all-Greater Metro Conference honors this fall.
In football, tight end Brian Condon and defensive back Alex Dati were first-team selections, defensive lineman Taylor Hueninck was a second-team pick and outside linebacker Tom Brzykcy, tackle Ryan Toman, center Eric Coleman, quarterback Justin Wagner, running backs Donavin Tucker and Joey Woppert and all-purpose player Dati were honorable mentions.
Also, Coleman, Condon, Dati, Ryan Kursel, David Mackett, Nichil Munshi, CJ Schaefer, Nicholas Thate, Toman and Josh Wied were scholar athletes.
In soccer, forward Joe Paskov and defender Ben Kotek were first-team picks, Eric Reigle was a second-team choice and Pat O'Connor, Kevin Voigtschild, Kotek, Chris Roller, Paskov, Joel Perdzock, Jon Block, Reigle and Michael Gobis were scholar athletes.
New select baseball team looking for players
The 2008 U11 F.O.G. Cubs Select Baseball Club is looking for U11 baseball players for a new team being created for 2008. The team is planning to play between 25-35 games during the summer.
Contact Bill Gasper at (262) 827-1596 with questions and to arrange a tryout.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Rumage Around column: Classmates help bring more color to boy with color blindness
- Franklin honored for 40 years of school board service in Fox Point-Bayside, Nicolet
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Nicolet presents 'James and the Giant Peach' this weekend
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 21, 2016