Fox Point residents can expect to see their property tax bills in the mail within the next several days.
Property owners will pay taxes to seven entities: the village, Milwaukee County, the state, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Nicolet High School District and, depending where they live in the village, either the Fox Point-Bayside or Maple Dale-Indian Hill school district.
The combined tax rate in Fox Point-Bayside is $26.52 per $1,000 of assessed value; in Maple Dale-Indian Hill it is $24.69 per $1,000 of assessed value. The lottery credit for residents in Fox Point-Bayside is $110.79; in Maple Dale-Indian Hill, it is $95.49.
Assuming there is no change in a homeowner's assessment, Village Treasurer John George said, a resident in the Fox Point-Bayside jurisdiction will see a 4.2 percent increase in their taxes. In Maple Dale-Indian Hill, residents will see a 4.3 percent increase.
Residents can pay in full by Jan. 31 or in three installments, with half due Jan. 31, one-quarter due March 31 and the remainder due May 31. Cash or check payments can be made in person, mailed or put in the drop box at Village Hall, 7200 N. Santa Monica Blvd., Fox Point 53217.
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- North Shore locals will be on June 11 Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Ballots fill up for fall elections
- North Shore Police Reports, June 9, 2016
- Video: North Shore police train for active shooter situation
- Nicolet student displays Confederate flag, declares 'white privilege day'
- Whitefish Bay student forms youth theater company