Fox Point residents can expect to see their property tax bills in the mail within the next several days.
Property owners will pay taxes to seven entities: the village, Milwaukee County, the state, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Nicolet High School District and, depending where they live in the village, either the Fox Point-Bayside or Maple Dale-Indian Hill school district.
The combined tax rate in Fox Point-Bayside is $26.52 per $1,000 of assessed value; in Maple Dale-Indian Hill it is $24.69 per $1,000 of assessed value. The lottery credit for residents in Fox Point-Bayside is $110.79; in Maple Dale-Indian Hill, it is $95.49.
Assuming there is no change in a homeowner's assessment, Village Treasurer John George said, a resident in the Fox Point-Bayside jurisdiction will see a 4.2 percent increase in their taxes. In Maple Dale-Indian Hill, residents will see a 4.3 percent increase.
Residents can pay in full by Jan. 31 or in three installments, with half due Jan. 31, one-quarter due March 31 and the remainder due May 31. Cash or check payments can be made in person, mailed or put in the drop box at Village Hall, 7200 N. Santa Monica Blvd., Fox Point 53217.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For those with Down syndrome, Gigi's in Fox Point is more than a playhouse
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Teens aim to raise $30K for Milwaukee homeless shelter
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak
- North Shore schools concerned about Walker's proposed budget cuts
- Only four of five candidates campaigning in Fox Point primary
- Fox Point-Bayside pitches $3.8 million referendum to voters
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election