Fox Point residents can expect to see their property tax bills in the mail within the next several days.
Property owners will pay taxes to seven entities: the village, Milwaukee County, the state, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Nicolet High School District and, depending where they live in the village, either the Fox Point-Bayside or Maple Dale-Indian Hill school district.
The combined tax rate in Fox Point-Bayside is $26.52 per $1,000 of assessed value; in Maple Dale-Indian Hill it is $24.69 per $1,000 of assessed value. The lottery credit for residents in Fox Point-Bayside is $110.79; in Maple Dale-Indian Hill, it is $95.49.
Assuming there is no change in a homeowner's assessment, Village Treasurer John George said, a resident in the Fox Point-Bayside jurisdiction will see a 4.2 percent increase in their taxes. In Maple Dale-Indian Hill, residents will see a 4.3 percent increase.
Residents can pay in full by Jan. 31 or in three installments, with half due Jan. 31, one-quarter due March 31 and the remainder due May 31. Cash or check payments can be made in person, mailed or put in the drop box at Village Hall, 7200 N. Santa Monica Blvd., Fox Point 53217.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- #BestSummerEverNOW: Share your 2016 summer photos of you in the Milwaukee suburbs