The Brown Deer, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, and Whitefish Bay school districts have canceled school and all after-school activities for Tuesday due to wind chill warnings issued by the National Weather Service.
Nicolet's feeder districts, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, and Maple Dale-Indian Hill, will be closed as well.
The current NWS warning forecasts wind chills between 25 to 35 below zero today and wind chills between 35 to 45 below on Tuesday. According to the warning, such wind chills can cause frostbite to exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
Tuesday is the third school day canceled in January as a result of the frigid winter season. It is unknown yet whether the districts will need to add days to the end of the year to make up for the cold weather closures.
Shorewood schools are closed Monday and Tuesday for teacher in-service days but the district has canceled some after-school activities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rumage Around column: A special performance
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Rumage Around column: Classmates help bring more color to boy with color blindness
- Franklin honored for 40 years of school board service in Fox Point-Bayside, Nicolet
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Nicolet presents 'James and the Giant Peach' this weekend