The Brown Deer, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, and Whitefish Bay school districts have canceled school and all after-school activities for Tuesday due to wind chill warnings issued by the National Weather Service.
Nicolet's feeder districts, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, and Maple Dale-Indian Hill, will be closed as well.
The current NWS warning forecasts wind chills between 25 to 35 below zero today and wind chills between 35 to 45 below on Tuesday. According to the warning, such wind chills can cause frostbite to exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
Tuesday is the third school day canceled in January as a result of the frigid winter season. It is unknown yet whether the districts will need to add days to the end of the year to make up for the cold weather closures.
Shorewood schools are closed Monday and Tuesday for teacher in-service days but the district has canceled some after-school activities.
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore region
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Smulyan resigns from Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Nicolet finds buyer for athletic field, renovations coming to high school, Glendale park
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Fox Point-Bayside hosts 'meet and greet' with new administrators
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon