Fox Point — Sean Matthew Held of Slinger, 38, was identified by police Wednesday afternoon as the victim of a garage collapse on the 7400 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard.
According to Police Chief Thomas Czaja, Held and another contractor from Slinger-based MDM Builders, LLC were working on a garage rehabilitation job when the structure collapsed, trapping Held inside.
Fox Point police and the North Shore Fire Department responded to a call about the trapped contractor at 9:07 a.m. Wednesday morning. Upon arrival, firefighters pulled Held from the collapsed garage and pronounced him dead on scene.
The other contractor, not identified by police, was outside the garage at the time of the collapse and was unhurt in the accident, Czaja said. The owner of the home was not there when the garage collapsed.
An estimate of property damage as a result of the collapse is unavailable at this time. Members of the police and fire departments continue to investigate the cause of the collapse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Mary Nohl house will stay in Fox Point
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Voters send message of change in Fox Point
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- For those with Down syndrome, Gigi's in Fox Point is more than a playhouse
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015