After debating the issue for four months, the Fox Point Village Board on Tuesday nixed a proposal that, if enacted, would have allowed residents to keep chickens in narrowly defined instances.
The vote to move forward with an ordinance was defeated on a 4-2 vote.
Village President Mike West and Trustee Bill Warner voted in favor of the ordinance. Trustees Beverly Bell, F. R. Dengel III, Douglas Frazer and Christine Symchych voted against it. Trustee Eric Fonstad was not present at the meeting.
In October, Residents Jeff and Kara Ziebelman came before the Village Board and requested officials consider allowing chickens, citing similar communities - including the city of Milwaukee - that have adopted an ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mary Nohl house in Fox Point to be restored
- North Shore teens find an alternative sport in hantis
- Fox Point hires new village manager
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Tosa man allegedly exposed himself at Fox Point tanning salon
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- Two men charged with robbing Topper's Pizza in Fox Point at gunpoint