After debating the issue for four months, the Fox Point Village Board on Tuesday nixed a proposal that, if enacted, would have allowed residents to keep chickens in narrowly defined instances.
The vote to move forward with an ordinance was defeated on a 4-2 vote.
Village President Mike West and Trustee Bill Warner voted in favor of the ordinance. Trustees Beverly Bell, F. R. Dengel III, Douglas Frazer and Christine Symchych voted against it. Trustee Eric Fonstad was not present at the meeting.
In October, Residents Jeff and Kara Ziebelman came before the Village Board and requested officials consider allowing chickens, citing similar communities - including the city of Milwaukee - that have adopted an ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015