After debating the issue for four months, the Fox Point Village Board on Tuesday nixed a proposal that, if enacted, would have allowed residents to keep chickens in narrowly defined instances.
The vote to move forward with an ordinance was defeated on a 4-2 vote.
Village President Mike West and Trustee Bill Warner voted in favor of the ordinance. Trustees Beverly Bell, F. R. Dengel III, Douglas Frazer and Christine Symchych voted against it. Trustee Eric Fonstad was not present at the meeting.
In October, Residents Jeff and Kara Ziebelman came before the Village Board and requested officials consider allowing chickens, citing similar communities - including the city of Milwaukee - that have adopted an ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fox Point footbridge rekindles memories
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Fox Point village manager poised to resign after public backlash
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide