After debating the issue for four months, the Fox Point Village Board on Tuesday nixed a proposal that, if enacted, would have allowed residents to keep chickens in narrowly defined instances.
The vote to move forward with an ordinance was defeated on a 4-2 vote.
Village President Mike West and Trustee Bill Warner voted in favor of the ordinance. Trustees Beverly Bell, F. R. Dengel III, Douglas Frazer and Christine Symchych voted against it. Trustee Eric Fonstad was not present at the meeting.
In October, Residents Jeff and Kara Ziebelman came before the Village Board and requested officials consider allowing chickens, citing similar communities - including the city of Milwaukee - that have adopted an ordinance.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire