Fox Point — Incumbent Christine Symchych and Terry McGauran, in his second bid in as many years, on Tuesday held off a write-in campaign from newcomer Marty Tirado to secure two seats on the Fox Point Village Board.
Symchych and McGauran were neck and neck with 39 and 38 percent of the vote, respectively, while Tirado received 23 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Christine Symchych 583
Terry McGauran 566
Marty Tirado 334
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire