My family moved to Wisconsin seven years ago and we decided to buy a home in Fox Point because of the schools and the beautiful, established neighborhoods.
Our young family would frequently walk to the footbridge as a destination and spend time exploring the beautiful scenery of the ravine from the bridge. The bridge is suspended high above the ground and spans almost 300 feet across a natural ravine. It feels more like you are in a tree house than on a typical bridge.
As our children grew older, we used the footbridge as a connector between neighborhoods in Fox Point. My family has missed the view of the lakefront and ravine areas provided by the footbridge, the connection of different neighborhoods in the village, and the unique, public, park-like setting that is open to everyone, no matter where you live.
Footbridge Friends Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that is made up of citizens from throughout the village who want to rebuild the footbridge over the ravine. Footbridge Friends has already raised more than one-third of its goal of $655,000. There are many options for donating, including spreading out donations over three years, and a new $100,000 matching challenge that increases the impact of all new donations.
The sooner Footbridge Friends succeeds in its efforts, the sooner a new bridge will be built!
Footbridge Friends can be contacted at 7239 N. Barnett Lane, Fox Point, WI 53217, or (414) 446-9501.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mary Nohl house in Fox Point to be restored
- North Shore teens find an alternative sport in hantis
- Fox Point hires new village manager
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Tosa man allegedly exposed himself at Fox Point tanning salon
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- Two men charged with robbing Topper's Pizza in Fox Point at gunpoint