My family moved to Wisconsin seven years ago and we decided to buy a home in Fox Point because of the schools and the beautiful, established neighborhoods.
Our young family would frequently walk to the footbridge as a destination and spend time exploring the beautiful scenery of the ravine from the bridge. The bridge is suspended high above the ground and spans almost 300 feet across a natural ravine. It feels more like you are in a tree house than on a typical bridge.
As our children grew older, we used the footbridge as a connector between neighborhoods in Fox Point. My family has missed the view of the lakefront and ravine areas provided by the footbridge, the connection of different neighborhoods in the village, and the unique, public, park-like setting that is open to everyone, no matter where you live.
Footbridge Friends Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that is made up of citizens from throughout the village who want to rebuild the footbridge over the ravine. Footbridge Friends has already raised more than one-third of its goal of $655,000. There are many options for donating, including spreading out donations over three years, and a new $100,000 matching challenge that increases the impact of all new donations.
The sooner Footbridge Friends succeeds in its efforts, the sooner a new bridge will be built!
Footbridge Friends can be contacted at 7239 N. Barnett Lane, Fox Point, WI 53217, or (414) 446-9501.
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research