Fox Point — Fox Point-Bayside School Board President Debbie Friberg announced Tuesday that she will stepping down before she moves to Charlotte, N.C., in mid-June.
After the announcement, Friberg received praise and thanks from superintendent Rachel Boechler and members of the board before receiving a round of applause from teachers and residents in attendance.
"She has put in a lot of time and energy," Boechler said, "specifically because it's been a tumultuous time, and she led us in the search for a new district administrator."
Board member Tim Melchert called her "a rock" on the School Board, and a guiding presence.
"Thank you so much for all you've done for the kids," he said.
In light of the announcement, the district will accept applications through June 10. Those willing to fill Friberg's seat can submit their applications through mail or in person to the district office at 7301 North Longacre Road. The board will later review applicants and appoint a replacement to serve the remainder of Friberg's term, which ends in April 2015.
District parent David Braeger, who has recently been critical of the board and turned in recall election paperwork before later before later deciding not to go through with it, announced Wednesday that he will be submitting an application to fill Friberg's post.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald ash borer found in Fox Point, Thiensville
- Cat, dog killed in house fire
- Flight For Life responds to suicide attempt in Fox Point
- Fox Point woman honored for advocacy in breast cancer research
- 17-year-old boy injured in Fox Point crash
- 100-foot cell tower will be erected in Fox Point
- Sculptures will be protected at Mary Nohl House property (1)
- Fox Point mom fighting for esophageal cancer awareness (2)
- Fox Point approves cell tower on village property
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015