The Fox Point Village Board on Tuesday approved a request by organizers to use village streets in conjunction with a planned 5K run-walk in support of a child who has a form of leukemia.
Nine-year-old Audrey Parrott, who lives in the area, was recently diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. In an effort to fund a portion of the mounting medical expenses, organizers are planning the run-walk at 9:30 a.m. Sunday near Stormonth Elementary School, 7301 N. Longacre Road.
While organizers were given permission to use village streets, the board did not act on a request to waive fees associated with the usage request. The village does not have an ordinance that speaks to an organization asking to use village streets free of charge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point Footbridge costs more than bargained for
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- Only four of five candidates campaigning in Fox Point primary
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- Fox Point-Bayside pitches $3.8 million referendum to voters
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015