The Fox Point Village Board on Tuesday approved a request by organizers to use village streets in conjunction with a planned 5K run-walk in support of a child who has a form of leukemia.
Nine-year-old Audrey Parrott, who lives in the area, was recently diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. In an effort to fund a portion of the mounting medical expenses, organizers are planning the run-walk at 9:30 a.m. Sunday near Stormonth Elementary School, 7301 N. Longacre Road.
While organizers were given permission to use village streets, the board did not act on a request to waive fees associated with the usage request. The village does not have an ordinance that speaks to an organization asking to use village streets free of charge.
- Fox Point extends hours for voter registration on June 28
- Fox Point holds open house, pool opening this weekend
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Kravit, Fonstad elected to Fox Point Village Board
- Fox Point-Bayside accepts offer on Dunwood School property (6)
- As Fox Point Pool ages, village assesses options (1)
- Fox Point residents concerned about Dunwood development (5)
- Fox Point trustee candidates weigh in on future of pool, Dunwood School property
- Grocer, apartments and memory care pitched for old Dunwood School site (1)